Sign in to follow this  
jrraney48@msn.com

Replacement Windows for Safari

I'm stumped and am turning to my experienced FMCA friends for some help. We own a 1998 Safari Sahara 35 foot diesel pusher coach and love everything about it except the double pane windows. We bought the coach used in 2000 and over time the seals between the two panes have failed. The Arizona heat is causing the seals to be sucked into the center of the window. These moving seals are quite unsightly and actually obscure significant parts of the windows. I need to find a source of replacement glass. Safari (now Monacco) has been no help. The original supplier no longer makes these windows. We can't have the only Safari coach with this problem. We are open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! See you on the road.

James and Jan Ranney

Green Valley, AZ

Under the Miscellaneous:General Discussion in this forum, you will find several discussions dealing with foggy and/or discolored windows. I have posted several resources in those discussions. One in particular mentions taking out the old window glass, having new glass made to match the old window and then replacing the glass. This might be the least expensive option. Also, RV Salvage yards are an inexpensive source for complete replacement windows. I have posted a listing of salvage yards as well. You will find that under General Discussion:A Great Source for Motor Home Information

We had a great experience with Suncoast Designers. They repair, not replace, by completely remanufacturing the window. Couple of hours, good price, nice people.

I'm stumped and am turning to my experienced FMCA friends for some help. We own a 1998 Safari Sahara 35 foot diesel pusher coach and love everything about it except the double pane windows. We bought the coach used in 2000 and over time the seals between the two panes have failed. The Arizona heat is causing the seals to be sucked into the center of the window. These moving seals are quite unsightly and actually obscure significant parts of the windows. I need to find a source of replacement glass. Safari (now Monacco) has been no help. The original supplier no longer makes these windows. We can't have the only Safari coach with this problem. We are open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! See you on the road.

James and Jan Ranney

Green Valley, AZ

About the time your coach was built lots were having the same problem. Mfg.ing was some of the problem. However many RVers have their windows tinted or usre the alunminum backed covers. Both reflect the heat back through the windows. Awnings with short extensions will help.

Bad windows helped along by tint and covers.