Sign in to follow this  
gorm50

Come Prepared - Wood Blocks Under Jacks in Indy

What is the story behind the detailed requirements for "solid unpainted wooden" leveler pads?

Define "subject you to damages incurred?" Are we ALL parking on blacktop?

Should this have NOT been better communciated, explained vs a 1/3 page stuffer in my registration packet?

Thank you.

Gorm

The requirement to use blocks under your jacks to protect the blacktop is usually standard for most rallys that have parking areas on blacktop. Yes, a large number of attendees will be on blacktop. The handicapped parking area is all blacktop. Holding area and Will Call are blacktop. Coach displays are on blacktop or in a building which is airconditioned.

Gee, I guess my DICA jack pads are not acceptable since they are not "solid unpainted wooden", they are only engineered thermoplastic constructed. I think who ever wrote that is using a term from many years ago when most pads were wooden. My pads are superior to any wooden pads I have used in the past and spread my jack footprint over a much larger area.

Thank you to everyone who read the flyer and for being prepared. The flyer does state ". . . or commercial leveling pads" so plastic pads designed for this purpose are definitely acceptable. When using solid wood blocks for pads, we recommend that they be unpainted due to weather conditions and extreme pressure. Since it is impossible to know ahead of time if your levelers will be touching turf or asphalt, we recommend that you come prepared. The "Formula For FUN!" event at Indy will be great and we are looking forward to seeing you there. 'Safe travels.