wayne77590

Number Of Posts

Okay, I know I must not be liked. I posted a reply to a thread a minute ago and it said I only had 3 posts and I'm a newbie. I really thought I had grown up.

What's up admin?

Wayne,

I just looked in the member list and you are listed twice as Wayne77590 - once with 909 posts and once with 4 posts!! And the mysteries continue to pop up. Good luck - hope they can get it corrected.

Okay, I know I must not be liked. I posted a reply to a thread a minute ago and it said I only had 3 posts and I'm a newbie. I really thought I had grown up.

What's up admin?

Somehow, you had two log-in accounts, with the exact-same username of Wayne77590. But each account had a different e-mail address associated with it. The account created July 6, 2012, with an "me.com" e-mail address showed only three posts. The account created in 2009 showed 900.

Your post count has been updated. Please carry on with the most recent account and PM me if this is not resolved. Thanks.

Ah! Todd comes through again.

I have no idea what or why I have two accounts. I have one theory. The server is very upset that ya'll forgot my birthday on the 6th so it created another account thinking I would be better served - NOT.

In reality Todd, sometime around that time I changed my profile to indicate an email change using the .me.com account. Somehow in my changing my email address in my profile the wonderful computer must have thought I was a "newbie."

So, to remember my BD next year, please indicate to the computer that it is wayne777590 and i'm the .me.com person.

Herman, how many posts do you have, boot?

Nitehawk, I like the "born again" idea, it gives me another 70+ years. Thanks.

Just curious. When does a "Newbie" move up to the next membership level? We all have to start somewhere and earn some recognition before being "promoted" so I don't mind the "Newbie" designation. I think that it let's others know that I am new to RVing and may sometimes ask a question about something that many others have known for years. When I was in college, one of the professors used to tell us that "there are no dumb questions if there is something that you don't know or understand". He did say that there "are sometimes some rather "dumb" answers at times".

In the farming world, I realized that I learned something new and useful almost every day.

My experience here in the FMCA forum is that there are many good questions and I have yet to see an answer that wasn't helpful, if not to me, but maybe to someone else.

Brad and Marsha,

Welcome to the forum! You'll be newbies here on the FMCA Forum until you reach about 30 posts. It has nothing to do with how long you have owned a motor home or how much you know about motorhoming. We were all newbies when we started out. It's kind of like farming, you need a certain number of posts to put up a fence!

Thanks Tom!

I think I had found the answer to my question shortly after my post regarding getting promoted to "member" status. I have seen "members" with as few as 12 - 15 posts. It makes sense the way this works. The forum here is for each of us to participate by asking questions and contribute our knowledge and experiences to those who seek to learn.

Thanks again.

Brad