jwpope@charter.net

Cummins 330

Recent short trip in 1999 Monaco Windsor. After about 50 miles of trip the engine warning light came on. I never saw or felt any difference in the operation of the RV. Got to the campground about 200 miles later with no apparent problem. Checked everything I know to check and could fiind nothing. Drove home a week later and the light was on the entire time. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Recent short trip in 1999 Monaco Windsor. After about 50 miles of trip the engine warning light came on. I never saw or felt any difference in the operation of the RV. Got to the campground about 200 miles later with no apparent problem. Checked everything I know to check and could fiind nothing. Drove home a week later and the light was on the entire time. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

I have called Cummins on warning lights. They were very helpful on what to check.

I have called Cummins on warning lights. They were very helpful on what to check.

I did call the Cummins repair center nearest my home in Charlotte, NC. They're only advise was to bring the coach to them. While that is an option, I hope it will be the last one.

I did call the Cummins repair center nearest my home in Charlotte, NC. They're only advise was to bring the coach to them. While that is an option, I hope it will be the last one.

Unless you have the ability to download stored codes, what ARE the (reasonable) options?

Brett Wolfe

We had the same problem with our 2009 Monaco Camelot, 425ISL. My husband noticed that the antifreeze was low so he put more in. We called Cummins and they also said we would have to bring it in. Because it was still under warranty we made the trip to the nearest Cummins dealer. They said there was nothing wrong with the generator other than it needed more coolant. Because they found nothing wrong with the generator it was not covered under warranty but they had the nerve to charge us $400.00 to check it out!

Our 99 Windsor Warning light came on also. It was due to a Shorted diode bank in the alternator and the 200 amp Battery Isolator was shorted. So, no battery current to the Cummins engine to operate the controls of the Electronic 8.3.

2009 Monaco Camelot 425 ISL Check Engine Light

I was lookling at this topic as I have a 2009 425 ISL engine as the one that made the comment about their 2009 425 ISL. I didn't understand the comment as to what the generator had to do with the check engine light comming on. My check engine light comes on and will reset when the ignition is turned off and back on. I took this to cummins at 14,000 miles as I had been on a trip to Alaska and was not in town to see my local dealer. Last time at 14,000 they told me that there was a recall on the exhaust valves that they needed to put new seals on the valves. This they did and I put another 2,000 miles on it and the light came on at least six times. The engine has 16,000 miles on it. This is what they found the second time. The aircleaner cartridge was broken and there was dust all the way to the turbo. That I had dusted the engine. The change or service indicator was also broke or stuck as to show good.

There is no question in my mind that I had not been in a dusty cond't that would ruin an engine . I did go to Alaska and there were some roads that had gravel and there was some dust but most of the trip was rainy and I cannot believe that I would had ruind an engine. They have checked the blow-by it was the same as when they returned it to me at 14,000 miles. They are putting a new head on it and re ringing it. They said that they would warranty it and would cost me the consumables. I'm assuming oil change, filters, etc. The service manager told me that this was not the first 425 that they had to do this to. There were three or four others. He also stated that the sleeves were harder, and that was the reason that they were having blow-by problems. I would guess that the rings were not seating in properly, only a guess. He also stated that Cummins would not take care of the ring problem but they would not charge me for that. Has anybody had this problem also and what was the corrective action. When the check engine light comes on it also seems that the engine does not have the same power.