lkncyclist

Water Buildup On Slide Outs

Can anyone give me a remedy for removing excess water buildup on slide out even though it has a topper? In the blowing rain water will gather and when the slide is brought in there is where we have the problem.

If your coach has leveler jacks, try lowering either the front or rear of the coach before you bring the slides in. If you can get enough of an angle, hopefully the water will run off at the lower end. We've been motorhoming for a long time, and have spent many days/nights in driving rain storms, but never had a problem with water UNDER the slide topper awnings. We've had lots of water build-up on TOP of the slide toppers, but that runs off as we bring the slide in, stopping every so often until the waterfall stops. Good luck.

Have you tried getting on the roof and sweeping off the water prior to pulling in the slides?

Allegiance40x, I'm sorry but I don't think it is a good idea getting on the roof when it is wet and moving to the edge to sweep off water. It would be a better idea to bring in the slide a short way and put towels up to absorb the water. This could be done after, as cbenitiii said, you have lowered one sideof the coach so the water could drain off. Then you could use the towels to prevent a mess.

It might be a good idea to also have the wipers on the slide checked. they may need to be adjusted or replaces so they can wipe the water off as the slide retracts.

C'mon people, the slide seal is obviously shot! There should be a rubber seal all the way around the slide to squeegee off any water that accumulates. If there is not one, time to get a new coach! JMHO

Sorry...didn't realize it was UNDER the slide topper. A new seal around the slide top and upper sides should solve your problem. Had that problem with a 5th wheel.