neilcarol

Mobile Bay Tunnel- I- 10

Question

7 answers to this question

The I-10 tunnel under Mobile Bay is probably less than 1/2 mile long and not sure of exact height but I go thru it all the time in a 12' 10" 2008 Discovery with no problem and room to spare. The big semi travel thru also. Two lanes each way.

Thanks for the info.

Last time I went thru was many, many years ago in a car and since I don't like tunnels it felt like it was a narrow tunnel that went on for hours ^_^

You were probably in the old Highway 90 tunnel, which is still there, I think. You want to be on I10 for the bigger tunnel.

We just rode through it today and had no problem with the RV. BUT the traffic was really jammed up narrowing down to the 2 lanes for the tunnel. We traveled 10 miles in one hour from exit 25 (before the tunnel) to the causeway exit 35 after the tunnel. Not sure how normal this is but we would do anything to avoid this again.

There's really nothing available as an alternate route if you are just interested in getting from point A to B. You likely came out ahead compared to any route you could have selected to find a way around.