Hawkeye111

In-dash multifuntion radio, GPS, rear camera, CD

I am still looking for a single in-dash unit that has radio am/fm/satellite, gps, cd, rear camera and bluetooth. Asked for input from anyone on the Alpine 203/P1 unit and received no feedback. Does anybody have experience with Kenwood or Pioneer units with same functions? Going into a 2008 Ford 350 Motor Home by Born Free.

Thanks

I have no personnel experience with any of the combination units but our daughter has and she doesn't like them. you need to switch from one system to the other manually and theirs the GPS wasn't very good. They don't use that function at all now and depend on their Garmin 360.

I have one in my new Jeep Gr Cherokee. And it works excellent> It has radio - AM FM SAT DISK - Excellent GPS - Uconnect blue tooth can handle 7 phones. Telrphone listings cell mobile work.- Address book - Uconnect no hands phone -The screen also shows back up camera Gps screen radio listings And it has a 30 gig hard drive. I also have a small photo slide show set up.

The rest of the car is just as loaded I have never been so inpressed with a car But this Jeep really great And with this big V-8 and 4 wheel drive I still get 20 MPG.

I know this is a late response to your topic, however this is the unit of choice RVnavigation.com. I have it in my coach and I am very pleased with it, it has a Garmin Street Pilot GPS (allows you to program in BUS mode for clearance and main roads) it also is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system. No Blue tooth, however I've always used a personal blue tooth headset instead, much better clarity than trying to listen through my Class A cabin speakers. It also comes with the option to activate Sirius Satellite radio, USB port for flash drives (music/MP3) along with CD, AM/FM, weatherband and iPod jack. I almost forgot to mention, it includes a Triple Color Observation Camera system too!

Hope you've had success in your purchase, if not take a look at this unit. When you add up all the features it comes up to about the same money, maybe even less and all the functions are in one 7" color head unit.

RTS

Space and weight is always an issue. However, I will often monitor the towed vehicle in heavy traffic while the GPS is working and the radio is talking to me. Not sure if that will all work at once real well in those all-in-one units, but it is something to consider.

If any one piece fails, you will lose multiple system functions. If the screen fails, then no GPS or Camera. If speaker output stops, then no GPS spoken direction or bluetooth.

Thanks to all for inputs. I will study the RNnavigation closely, and then close my eyes and buy one. There just does not seem to be anywhere to get good evaluative information on the combination units. Thanks again.

J