rossboyer

Norcold R-010 Reset?

Due to the hot weather, my safety module R-010 on our Norcold frig, had a fault led. The R-0101 is not the frig control board. The module is the one added during the most recent recall. I can unplug the 12+ from the module and connect directly to the Norcold and everything works well.

Returned to the R-010 and led comes on again and will not allow the frig to work in any mode. Took the coach to an Authorized Norcold Service Center. They kept it a day. When I picked the coach up, no charge. Asked what was wrong and the reply was due to the hot weather, they had to reset the module. Asked how do I reset it and was told that they are not allowed to tell me.

Does anyone know how to reset the R-010 module?

Mr Boyer,

Like a vigilant owner I had both recalls done. On the second recall they installed the R-010 module. Worked fine at dealer and all the way home. Several weeks later when I turned the fridge on to get ready for a trip, same problem as yours. Wired around it like you did. I called my dealer, North Texas RV in Sherman, Texas.

Bobby said to stop by and pick up a replacement and I could return the bad one when I got a chance. Bobby told me that Norcold was having a 50% failure rate in the R-010 Module.

After I replaced the unit and gave NT RV the old one back it has worked ever since. The Module is like most all electronics. if it last 90 days then it will last for a long, long time.

Maybe that is what Norcold is banking on.

The red light module that was installed as part of the recall can be reset by wiping the outside edge of the module with a magnet. My cooling unit was replaced about a year ago and when the frig would not cool at the start of a trip a visit to a local hardware store for a magnet solved the problem. Wipe the edge of the module until the red light goes out and the refrigerator will start.

How did you unplug the +12v until and attach to Norcold? I tried and shorted the breaker.....

Any other suggestions that can bypass until I get new unit?

Thanks

That was about two years ago, but I did not have any problem with a short in the 12 volt system. I may have made a jumper with crimp on connectors to a short piece of wire. Don't remember if it used male to male or female to female connectors. If you do make a connection to bypass the safety module, do not leave in on longer than needed to test. About a year ago, my Norcold failed, leaking yellow residue into the insulation. This compound is flammable. I have replaced with a Samsung RF197 household refrigerator, and I would never go back. Best modification we have ever done.