Sign in to follow this  
gmoreno

Kitchen Faucet

I have a two part question.

Part 1: So the kitchen sink lever broke; you know, the lever that controls H/C mixture settings. My coach is a Class A 2010 Damon Gas. I phoned the dealer where I purchased the coach and he said that I can pick up a whole new system at my local hardware/plumbing box store for a lot less money than what Damon would charge. Can anyone confirm this? Any mods needed to try and DIY?

Part 2: My coach is not quite 2 years old and I thought that I had a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty and the "house" part of the rig was something like 2 years...maybe even 5 years. If my recollection is accurate, wouldn't this kitchen sink lever be covered under the house warranty?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,

Your dealer is correct. You can get a better/less expensive faucet at a plumbing supply house or box store.

Remove the old faucet and take it with you so you get one that will connect with the least number of adapters (zero adapters is best).

Brett

I also have a 2010 Damon Gas with the same faucet issue. I replaced the entire faucet with one purchased from Home Depot and the adapter was included. The job took the afternoon, but mainly due to the fact that the connections are hard to reach.

Mine was under the warranty when the handle came off, but Camping World just tightened the small screw which did not last more than a week.

Dale

So I don't have a warranty on the house part of the coach other than through the extended warranty I purchased - "Easy Care" - and for a $50 deductable, everything is covered. Took it to Camping World to have them take care of the issue. My more local mechanic - who is very savy and sharp as a tack - couldn't get to my rig in time for our family to travel for a short 5 day stint in Vermont, so here's hoping CW does a good job in the repair.

Rob