ric_bridges@msn.com

Fleetwood Storm 28F Gas Mileage

The mileage with and without a toad will vary between nothing and extreme depending upon the type of toad you are considering. Most reasonably sized toads will have little or no effect on your mileage.

Is this a gas or diesel coach? What size/hp engine does it use? If you plan on about 10MPG for most RV's you will usually be close enough to decide if that is an acceptable number. If you get a bit more or a bit less it won't effect your overall budget significantly.

Bought a 2011 new this past January. This is our first motorhome. Mileage is 6-7 mpg.

We have the 28f model with the rear bedroom slide. A little difficult to get in/out of bed.

Our major complaint (dealer did not tell us) is when we pull the driver side slide in we get a puddle of water in the main cabin. This happens if it rained during the night or we ran the AC - condensation drains directly on the roof & over the sides.

Does anyone else have this leak problem when they pull the slide in or have a solution to the problem?

swifty47,

The only solution to the puddle problem is to install a slide topper. All the twigs, water, etc. rolls off as the slide in retracted.

We have toppers (awnings) that go out/in with slide.

Is there a squeegee-type device that can be installed on the top of the slide?

We live in Florida so that means a lot of rain and the AC runs 24/7 the majority of the year when camping. Is this a problem on other motorhomes?

If not what was done to solve it? Can I get a drain hose installed on the AC?

Getting desperate as wife is fed up with situation and run-around from dealer & manufacturer.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Had a 28f Storm for about 18 months, in my opinion this vehicle was a lemon, from leaking windshield, to house batteries failing to charge. Too many issues to poster. Took a beating but traded for a Four Winds Class B home.

Unless Fleetwood has enhanced their quality in the last few years on entry level products I would be careful.

You will see around 7-8MPG. You will never ever see 10-- so don't plan on it.

Loaded and towing will absolutely effect mileage. Being a small 28 ft you will have good power though.

One thing you can do before pulling in the slides is lower the jacks then use the jacks to create a slop so the water will drain off. You should re level before you bring the slides in. I have done this after a big rain. I learned about this the same way you did ran the slides in during a heavy rain and when I went to pull out I had a waterfall in the back. This process only takes a minute and saves talking bad while soaking up the water with a towel.

Bill