Sign in to follow this  
arrusso

Considering Used Gulf Stream Sun Voyager

arrusso,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you joined FMCA yet?

As for your question. 13 year old coach that has averaged 2,850 mile per year sound as if the previous owner(s) used it very little. However they may have used it to winter in the South and Summer in the North. So pay close attention to the interior. Does is look worn on the furniture? How is the floor? These would be signs of having been lived in but not moved very much.

How is the outside finish? Does it look faded from the sun or is it fresh as if it had been stored under cover?

See if there are any service records. Have the engine checked by a professional.

Check out the tires. Your can check the Mfg. Date on the sidewall of the tire. If possible drive it on the highway for several miles getting the speed up to posted limits. Check for vibrations.

If you spend 1 hour looking over a used car spend 6 or 7 looking over a MH.

Hope you find everything OK and you can get on the road with the rest of us.

Herman

I owned a 1993 Sun Voyager which we bought new. Sold it in 1998 after almost 6 years of problems, frustrations, and breakdowns. I'd turn and run away as fast as your legs can carry you.

If this message is too late, and you have already signed the papers, best of luck, I can only hope my particular coach was a lemon.