Sign in to follow this  
wildebill308

Antenna Booster and Water Separator on Bounder?

I am having fun getting familiar with my new toy (2003 Bounder 38N).

I do have a couple of questions:

I haven’t been able to find the antenna booster. I don’t have the shop manual.

I also can’t seem to find the water separator drain on the fuel system.

I hope some one who has a similar unit can fill me in.

Thanks

Bill

Assuming you have a diesel, the water separator will be on the bottom of the primary fuel filter.

In the RVs I have looked at, the TV signal booster is typically located on the inside of the RV at the point where you connect the TV lead to the RV's internal wiring. The booster switch is typically a slide switch or push button switch. When it is on and there is current to the electrical system, a small light near the switch will illuminate. On my rig, I have a set up for a TV in the living area and bedroom, but the booster is switched on at the living area TV input only.

Happy exploring with your new rig.

Sam

Check to see if you have a selector box somewhere. All the wires from your tv.s and antenna wires are connected to it. The signal booster is incorporated into this box. It's normally the first button to the left side of the box.

Well I have found the water separator drain it is on the bottom of the fuel filter. I still haven’t found the power button for the Wingard antenna. Thanks for the replies I will let you know if and when I figure this out.

Bill

Bill,

If you have the primary fuel filter/water separator with a clear plastic bowl, there is no need to "drain separator daily" as written in most manuals.

It can be both a messy job and can introduce air into the fuel system.

Instead, keep the outside of the plastic bowl clean so that you can SEE if there is any debris or water in the bowl. If you see anything bot clean, golden colored diesel, THEN drain until you see clean, golden colored diesel.

Well I found it the power button was hidden behind the DVR on the bottom shelf over the steering wheel. I thought the DVR was bolted down but it just has Velcro on the feet. I got a little more forceful and got it out of the way. The antenna power booster button was totally hidden behind the DVR.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on where to look.

Bill

Based upon the information I found in the owners manual link above, it would appear that your Bounder uses a Video Control Center. Here, you will find a series of push buttons for TV, VCR and Cable. If this controller has more than those 3 selections for each TV then the power supply is a part of that video control center. If the one you have only has those 3 options then you will find the Winegard power supply in a nearby cabinet. It is sometimes on the roof of the cabinet so look carefully. It will be a standard looking wall plate that might or might not also have a 12V cigarette lighter adapter but will most likely have a connection for a coax cable (which you don't use). You are looking for a TINY push button or slide switch that light a very small LED (usually green) when on and no LED lit when off (allowing the cable to pass through).

What I am looking for know is the SHOP manual. All 3 of the other manuals keep referring to the shop manual for specific items. I have the OPERATORS manual the MAINTENANCE manual and the OWNERS manual.

I just purchased a 4 volume set of shop and repair manuals for my 1998 Bounder (28T) with a Chevy P-30 chassis for $59 from: http://FactoryRepairManuals.com.

I ordered today and was just notified that they have been shipped. They are used, but presumably in very good condition (will let you know). The TOCs list all of the parts and problems we have been discussing.

Willis