Sign in to follow this  
rmg21

Considering Purchasing A 2003 Beaver Monterrey or 2006 Monaco Cayman

I decided not to purchase the 2000 Allegro Bay. The maintenance was not up to date and because of the age I decided to pass. Thank you for the feedback on that RV.

I'm looking at two other RVs. They are located at the same dealer.

The first one is a 2003 BEAVER MONTERREY SEACLIFF Roadmaster 37' M-Series roadmaster chassis and Cummins® 350 HP engine, 2 sides, four-Door Refrigerator with Ice Maker and High-Output Three-Burner Convection Microwave,color TV on front and on the rear bedroom, dvd player, Living Area Stereo, Wired through Ceiling Speakers, TV Antenna and Booster, Satellite, solar panel, Washer/Dryer. 44.000 miles

The second one is a 2006 Monaco Cayman 36' PDQ, 300 hp diesel pusher, Allison trans, 4 slides, 5.5 kw diesel generator, full kitchen with microwave/convection, 3 burner stove, 4 door refrigerator, double sink, water dispenser, front tv, with dvd player, satellite,back up camera/ monitor, side camera, sofa/sleeper, swivel chair, dinette/sleeper, real wood cabinetry, day/nite shades, porcelain toilet separate from glass enclosed shower, rear bed with huge wardrobe/closet, washer and dryer hookups. 20,000 miles

To me they are both very nice RVs. I believe that the Beaver is made better and the fit and finish looks nicer. I would appreciate any feedback on these RVs. Quality, longevity, things to look out for, etc.

Thanks Richard

rmg21

Both Coaches are now covered by Monaco (Navastar). Beaver was purchsed by Monaco around 2002 and that is why it has a Roadmaster chassis. Both are fine coaches. One thing on the Beaver, check out the brakes. At one time the brake were air over hydralics and they had many problems with them. I believe that was only on the 1999 coach but I would check it out any way.

On either one be sure that the refrigerator, if they are Norcold, have had the recalls done (ther were 2 recalls).

Now the prime question, since both are fine choises, which one does the DW like?? If the DW ain't happy, well you know the rest.

Good Luck and when in Texas shout out.

Herman

Thanks Herman. Someone told me the American Beaver line made extremely well made coaches that will last a long time. But, it is hard to beat a 36' Monaco with 4 slides! Richard

I love this fourm It can read minds.

Tommorow I am going to look at a 2004 Beaver Monterrey Caramel.

Who would have thought I would find 2 more questions to ask?

I'm really gonna look like I know what I'm doing