dbeck

Headlight for Beaver

On our last trip I hit a wild turkey in the high country of Wyoming and ever since the right headlight points down about 6 feet in front of the coach. There is no visable damage to either the light or the fiberglass so I am thinking something inside the headlight assembly is broken or knocked completely out of alignment. My question is; where is a good place to find a replacement light assembly for a 2003 Beaver Monterey or at the very least get the damaged one rebuilt?

HI DBECK,

I don't have the answer you are looking for but I do have a clue.

My Rexhall was brand new and one of the headlight assy's was damaged. The dealer found out it was a Ford unit from a current year Lincoln Car.

this might give you a starting place to look by getting a part number and then start running it by Auto dealers Parts guys or even better yet, ask your Dealer :rolleyes:

Bebop

Hello dbeck, Welcome to the forum. One thing you can try is to note the SAE number usually found stamped on the headlight lens near the bottom. Take this to an auto supply and see if they can match that up. This may be your cheapest replacement and should be original equipment.

If this fails, tech support for Monaco is back up and answering the phones, 1-877-4Monaco (877-466-6226). They should be able to help you with a supplier for your headlights. As Bebop mentioned, your dealer is always a good resource. If you don't have a dealer, this would be a good opportunity to find a local dealer and establish a relationship with them. Having a dealer who knows you is invaluable when in a pinch.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have never had a dealer. I bought the coach at the Buffalo, NY FMCA rally. I am close to Elkart In and always took it to the Monoco service center for warrenty work. Since it has been closed I have been having a local Winnabago dealer do the maintenance on the coach that is too much for me. The closest dealer listed in the dealer search on the Beacer web site is in Canada 250 miles from where I live. As for the headlight, I thought if I could find a source for it I could have a local service center install it. Again, thanks for the responses.