Sign in to follow this  
rmg21

Considering Purchasing A 2002 ALFA See YA 36' Diesel Pusher

I'm going to go look at 2002 Alfa See Ya 36' Diesel RV with 29,000 miles.

The owners purchased it new and unfortunately the husband's health has deteriorated and they have to sell the unit. This unit was purchased with all of the upgrades. They have done all of the maintenance up to two years ago, when the husband started to have health issues. The only maintenance they completed in the last two years was an oil change and they replaced all of the batteries. I know that Alfa went out on business a few years ago. Luckily, I have a Alfa specific repair facility about 40 miles away so I can get parts an service. My only concern after talking to the owner is that they haven't used the RV for two years. Is there going to be a problem with the engine/transmission/radiator etc. if the unit has not been used for two years? I was worried if the water/fuel pump seals etc. may fail from lack of use. I will have to confirm this again with the owner. I would appreciate any feedback. Also, if anyone owns an Alfa motor home I would appreciate any comments if they have been happy with their RV. Thanks Richard

Richard,

I would want to take it to a competent RV technician and have it evaluated - maybe the Alfa repair facility you mentioned. We have an Alfa and love it. Just returned today to the lower 48 from a 2 month trip to Canada and Alaska - a little over 8,000 miles since we left Texas on May 25th - and it performed well. Also try this forum:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/alfaseeya/

This is an Alfa specific forum and you will find many owners there to answer questions and try to help you.