Sign in to follow this  
bizsmith@yahoo.com

TV Or Not TV

Are there other people out there that do without TV?

It always amuses us to see how quickly the satellite dishes get deployed when people pull in to a campground. We do have a small set that we set up once in a while but we stay mostly in state parks that may be isolated from reception via antenna.

On one trip we set up the TV one time in five months.

After 3 years in our current coach, I can say I have only used our TV once to watch anything from Cable/Sat/Broadcast. The kids are usually using our TV to play the PS3 or we are enjoying the outside or playing games. Ocasionally we will put in a movie to watch. I actually removed our bat-wing antenna and hooked up to cable once to watch a sporting event.

We were without TV once. Out in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska with no on air signal. We were in a state park and there was no cable feed. On top of that we were parked under a big tree and we couldn't get a thing with the KVH dish. Before the two day stay ended I ran out of liquor and was chewing on the tires! I've learned to ask if we can have a nice clear sky site for DirecTV.

We were without TV once. Out in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska with no on air signal. We were in a state park and there was no cable feed. On top of that we were parked under a big tree and we couldn't get a thing with the KVH dish. Before the two day stay ended I ran out of liquor and was chewing on the tires! I've learned to ask if we can have a nice clear sky site for DirecTV.

++++1

We traveled sans TV for many years, before our kids grew up. Been there, done that, we are not "camping", we are living in many different places during our golden years.

TButler......Now I don't care who you are!!! That was funny!!!!!

Henry,

May we presume you were talking about chewing on the tires...because being out of liquor is NOT funny!!!

My inlaws used tv to tranquilize my DW while they played bridge. I was one of the first to subscribe to Direct TV to please she who must be obeyed . I have little choice in the matter after 44 years of wedded bliss.