Sign in to follow this  
keklettk

Manual Retract Of Slideouts And Jacks

I have a 2011 Georgetown, slideouts and jacks are all hydraulic.

Does anyone know how to retract them manual if the system fails?

Found info on the internet to use a drill to turn the motor on the pump, but how do you activate the solenoids to retract each item?

keklettk,

Welcome to the Forum.

Has your hydraulic slides fail to open or close at this time?

If not and you are just wondering, contact the MFG. of your hydraulic unit.

I wil bet it HWH.

Herman

I've had that problem with our motorhome when the electric motor failed that operates the hydraulic pump. You have to open the zones one at a time with an allen wrench. You should have instructions in your operations manual.

The short answer is that greatlakediver is correct, the procedure should be in your owners manual, ours was. But, if you don't have a manual, this is what we had to do.

The hydraulic pump failed and had to be replaced. The story is on this forum under hydraulic slide out repair. To bring the slides in manually, we had to release the pressure on the slide pressure lines at the pump. The pump unit was conveniently mounted behind the entry step for the rv. To release the pressure we had to turn counterclockwise the small screw in the center of each solenoid on the pump. That was 8 solenoids total, 1 extend and 1 retract solenoid for each of the 4 slides that were controlled by the pump. The other option is to remove the hydraulic lines from the manifold that the solenoids are connected to, but you run the risk of an oil spill (minor, not much oil, use a can to catch the oil) if you do that. It still took 5 people to push the slides in and on the drop down floor level slide in the living room, we had to connect a strap winch to help in the initial lift up over the "bump" of the drop into the floor where it is level with the floor. Watch your slide go in or out and you'll see what I'm talking about if it's a floor level slide. I would assume that you would need to do the same for the hydraulic jacks. Our last rv had hydraulic jacks, this one does not, so no clue there.