Chuckles

Considering 02-05 Country Coaches...What To Look For And Look OUT For!

What are the key issues with these coaches?

Given their own chassis and reputation, they seem like a quality coach that handles well, retains value, and is safe.

I have no knowledge of them and looking for feedback.

Thanks.

chuckles,

CC went bankrupted several years ago. They did make a fine unit. Everything in a MH come from outside vendors and you should have no problems with parts and service. If you need body work that can be done by most RV repair shops. Engines and transmissions are the same Lots of placed to have them serviced.

Herman

CC made outstanding coaches with high end components and wood work. The chassis is 1st class, IMHO you cannot go wrong with a CC as long as it has been taken care of and the periodic maintenance performed.

Personally, I would only buy a used coach if I could view the maintenance records and verify in my own mind that all was in order.

I had been trying to decide between a 1996 Safari Serengeti and a 1996 Country Coach Affinity. After listening to these comments, it's hard not to lean towards the CC. This one is a one owner ex airplane pilot who has kept detailed books on any work done, trips made, fuel expenses, etc. The original manual looks like it just came off the press. It does need a good cleaning but nothing damaged or broken. I like you am looking for positive feedback and wish you luck with your purchase.

John

Hi John,

We owned a 2004 Country Coach Intrigue with the tag axle. Based on experience, it was a solidly built coach with the Cummins ISL 400 HP engine and Dynomax Chassis. The website you provided shows a great looking coach, both outside and inside. Since you are familiar with RVing based on your profile, may I suggest you have the coach inspected and weighed if possible to determine its real condition and weight. I know that there are RV inspectors there in Florida.

Being the fact that its previous owner kept meticulous maintenance records, hopefully there will be no surprises. You mentioned the fact that six new tires would be installed if you purchased the unit. Pay attention to the batteries also.

Best of luck.

Thank you for the info and suggestion to get it inspected. In response to your comment on the batteries, all four were replaced in March of 2011 which makes me feel the pilot kept the maintenance right up to the time he traded it in. I'm on the phone as I write to find a inspector in Jacksonville I can send over to look over the unit. John

We have a 2002 Country Coach Affinity. It is 42' with tag. 505 hp Cat. We bought it three years ago. I bought it after several years of study and would make the same choice if I had to do it again today.

The original Country Coach founded by the Lee family of Junction City OR did sell to National RV in the early 2000's. National then sold to investors a few years later. For whatever reason they closed in 2010. The Lee family bought the Intellectual property at auction. They still owned the buildings CC's were built in and so began working on existing coaches in those facilities. The Lee Brother's went their separate ways and now there are two companies in the Eugene area of Oregon you can call for help or go to for work. I have personally been to the Country Coach Inc facility and had work done. I ordered a part from them in the last couple of weeks. They have said they are going to begin building coaches again. Whatever happens I think Country Coaches are a very well engineered product. High quality components are used. And I have had very good luck with service.

We like our Affinity. It is like a Ritz Carlton suite rolling down the road. However, IMHO all CC's are great coaches. If it were not for the difficulties they have had you would pay a lot more for the used ones. We have close friends that have a Foretravel. Of the coaches I have seen I think only Foretravel is in the same class as Country Coach. I am talking about production coaches here not limited build coaches like Newell, Liberty, and so on. Monaco coaches are very similar to Country Coaches. Not surprising since they were built down the street from CC. From the information I have seen CC has a better repair record than Monaco.