Currently own a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor (38'/2 slide/330 Cummins/8 bag Roadmaster). Looking for advice from all of your on our next coach. We are primarily 3-4 day weekend RV'ers as we both work, with typically a couple of two week trips each year. We are out at least 2-3 weekends a month in the coach and live in Oregon so would like to be able to use the coach year-round. Happy with our coach but would like (1) smoother ride and better handling, (2) more room with extra slides, (3) aqua hot or system that would give us more flexibility in the winter, (4) layout with 2 euro chairs & flatscreens.

Here are the type of coaches we are looking at (primarily to get better insulation and Spartan chassis): Newmar Ventana/Dutch Star, Country Coach. Would LOVE an Entegra Aspire, but that will have to wait a few years as our price range needs to be under 200k.

I would love to your advice on what coaches you think we should explore further...or are we already on the right track?

I would also like your advice on aqua hot or not for winter camping (winter here means no lower than 25 in the winter) and LP versus diesel fired Aqua Hot?

Thanks in advance.....love to hear from the experts on this board!

Newmar's Comfort Drive is really hard to beat. I am not familiar with other similar drives with other coaches but service techs always tell me they love maneuvering Newmars around their lots because you can steer them so easily. Our Newmar is also very well insulated. We parked next to several 18 wheelers at a Walmart one time and they had their engines running all night. We could barely hear a humming sound. Slept soundly.

Don

Dollar for dollar your very best choice would be to keep what you have! If you only use it occasionally the ride cannot be that critical and if you are not warm enough you can buy some portable heaters. Even if you are not cool enough you could add an additional A/C unit to your coach for 10's of thousand less than it would cost to trade for another coach.

Newmar and CC both have excellent reputations but CC service might be difficult since they went out of business and the "new" CC seems to be having trouble getting traction if they are even still around at all.

That is about what I would have said. I would suggest remodeling for interior issues. I have even heard of RV shops that will install a slide out if you want another one. I can't vouch for the nature of this work but it could be investigated. I know that it isn't a big issue to change the couch to a recliner. Handling issues might be improved with after market add on devices, maybe not. We have already embarked on remodeling our coach. Last year we replaced all the window shades and installed a residential refrigerator. When our water heater gives out I'll install a tankless model. I'll have the ceiling and all interior lighting modified in coming years as the price of LED lights becomes more reasonable. I plan to keep this motor home for a long time. I can't imagine ever purchasing another. These things are expensive! If you want to change motor homes, consider waiting until your use of the motor home changes, like when you retire and decide to go full time or even half time in your motor home. By then there will be unimaginable improvements and you will want a new motor home anyway.

Great advice...thank you all. While a new coach would be ideal....Tom & Bill probably have the most economical solution to all of this meaning do some upgrades and wait until we are able to use this for more than long weekend trips before changing coaches. I will just have to continue occupying my fantasies with what that new coach will be.....

Just traded a 2004 Diplomat 40 PRT for a 2012 Diplomat 43 DFT at the Monaco International Pre Rally. We love the full wall slide and all the extra room, plus the half bath in the center.

Having a tag axle makes a huge difference in the ride and handling. My lifetime mileage with the 04 Dip ISC 330 was 8.6 mpg. On our 650 mile trip home from Springfield OH averaged 9.6 mpg with Maxforce 10. The 2012 has a little over 5000 miles on so not really broken in yet. I set the cruise at 65 mph and use economy mode on Allison