Sign in to follow this  
mmulvenna

Middle Brake Light 2004 Dynasty

The brake lights work properly on each side of the coach and on the toad when it is connected. The middle brake light on the coach however has no voltage to it when the brakes are applied. I can see the red and black wire that is supposed to supply the power but in trying to trace it i get lost as it goes into the a wiring harness.

Does anyone know where I might check to see if there is a bad connection in the 2 wire that feed that middle brake light?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to supply.

Regards from Rainy Indianapolis

Mike

Mike, have a copy of the brake light wiring for a 2003 model year. I will try to attach it to a PM to you.

Hope it helps.

It attached to a Private Message so you should get the diagram.

Try to check for a bad ground on the black wire. Red wire changes to a Black and White wire. Goes to Terminal strip 1 labeled Brake. the light should come on when you use the Engine Brake / Via the engine brake relay.

The other path goes to the brake switch. These switches are generally part of the air brake valves under the coach brake pedal. The switch is part of the valve assemble and J2 circuit is dedicated to the Cyclops Brake Light.

Rich.