Sign in to follow this  
loracan

Storing Extra Dining Chairs In The Big Closet

Does anyone have good ideas for storing your extra 2 dining chairs in the bedroom closet....like bungees etc.

We tried bungee but it tore out of the wall!

Thanks for any ideas.

I would suggest getting some folding chairs to save storage space. They don't have to be cheap metal as they make some very nice wooden folding units with padded cloth seats just like a standard chair.

Ours are stored in the back closet with a single bungee cord around the top of the chairs. I put in eye hooks screwed through the closet wall into a sturdier piece of wood that I put behind the wall. The closet wall I was using separates a column of drawers from the closet so it was easy to take out a drawer and put the backing behind the wall in the space between the drawer and the wall. Then the bungee I used was almost long enough to reach around the chairs and hook into the eye. That way it isn't pulling strongly on the eyes and we haven't had any problem with them pulling out. Our chairs only need something to keep them standing, they are fine with just a light pull from the bungee cord. I stack them so that one is right side up and the one on the outside is up-side-down. They take up less space that way but yours may be different.

I have lots of small items that I store beneath the bed so getting the chairs out from under there helps me store other things that couldn't be stacked up in the closet. Besides, my side of the closet doesn't have that many shoes! :lol:

I would suggest getting some folding chairs to save storage space. They don't have to be cheap metal as they make some very nice wooden folding units with padded cloth seats just like a standard chair.

We got one at Costco. It is a nice chair and even matches...and it fits nicely under the bed.

We use the area under the bed for other things.

I installed one of the 'wire' shelves about six inches from the floor of the closet. I used multiple clamps/mounts across the back of the closet but in front I only used a bracket on the ends that the front edge of the shelf, which runs the length of the shelf and extends down a couple inches, pops into, but is not bolted or screwed into. Thankfully we don't have to access those chairs often, but we do use them on occasion so I wanted to keep them. The shelf allows us to maintain a usable "floor" in the closet and will hing up, on those rear clips, when I need to get at the chairs. The chairs simply lay on the floor under the shelf.