Sign in to follow this  
bpickens

Tailgator By Dish TV

Hopefully you understand that the Tailgater is an antenna and you would also need a Dish Receiver (VIP211K only is required) and a service plan with Dish. As long as you have the 211K and only need the one receiver you should not have any issues with that setup. The Tailgater is built by King Dome and sold under the Dish label.

I have the Tailgater antenna and Dish 211k receiver. Super easy setup - first time I had it going in about 15 minutes - and ten minutes of that was just watching/waiting for it to do it's search thing. Have used it several times. I have the dish pay-as-u-go service. ~$500.00 gets you antenna, receiver, interconnect cable.

I have the Tailgater antenna and Dish 211k receiver. Super easy setup I have the dish pay-as-u-go service.

And I have mine on my stick and brick Dish Account only when I am using it. Adds about $6 or $7 bucks to you monthly bill when in use. You call them and tell them to turn it on and off.

I use it and it works great when it works. Main issue I have is if it stays in the RV, then after couple of weeks it becomes deactivated. Next time you go to set it up it does not work and you never know if the signal is being blocked or it requires reactivation by dish. The reactivation usually involves a 20 to 30 minute phone call with Dish. This last trip I did not have a cell signal so could not reach Dish to get box reactivated. But at only 5.00 a month service it is totally worth it. Going to see if I can return the one 211 receiver in home bedroom and use the one from RV, since I own it, so it is always hooked up to Dish. Then will be a simple matter of putting into RV for trip.

I have been using it for 2 years, works great, you do need to get the receiver and the dish at the same time, other receivers don't work with it, my only real complaint is how long it takes to go through the set up cycle every time i take it down and reset it up, and then if i have moved out of territory, i have to get local channels again, which seems to involve me setting it all up, getting connected, then either calling or getting online and having them change my service address (not billing address), pinging my receiver, and then rebooting the whole system again, all this can take about an hour on occasion, and rarely less than 40 minutes. It does seem to work best by going on line when i have a connection rather than calling. but all in all very easy to do, i just tend to be impatient.