Sign in to follow this  
ctcamper

Suggestions For Rallies

Aside from all the communication/organization problems, there are things I, personally, wish would be added to conventions/rallies

In addition to the current bean bag toss, bean bag baseball. Gear will have ladder golf also.

Turnout for bean bag baseball was pretty impressive I thought and it got people involved and laughing and joking and having a good time. Thank you to Al the game guy for all the energy and motivation you gave everyone.

Games:

Cribbage. Good Sam holds tournaments at their samborees. That might be a great item to add.

Bingo: I think this would really bring in people. I stayed in a campground on the way to Indy and was amazed at the number of people crammed into their pavilion for bingo. We also had a bingo game at a chapter rally that was a big success.

The rallies need a place designated for games. Most of the chapter rallies or pre-rallies I go to have an area for us to play and it's used a lot. Lots of people like Mexican train as well as different card games. Put out a sign up board that people could write on to let others know times or games they are interested in, or just show up and find someone... either way it would probably work. I haven't been to one rally where they were offering a room for games.

Another suggestion would be better entertainment. National rally was lacking in this respect also. One night was a repeat of the same entertainment they had in essex jt. down to the same jokes even. The country singer was OK. Duttons did OK. A few people I talked to remarked they never get named entertainment anymore, so they don't bother going. Or anything worth while. I noticed the showing for the entertainment was not as good as it should be any of the nights at any of the four rallies I have been to. Again Good Sam is beating us ten to one with their entertainment choice. I know money is tight but there is a point where bad is, as bad or, worse than none.

Brooksville had a nice band the last night ( I can't even comment on the quality of the other entertainment at Brooksville it was so bad) going but the crews started picking up the chairs and ran noisy diesels during the last 15 minutes of the show. A lot of unhappy people. Things like that keep people from coming back.

biz,

That is OK at Chapter Rallies however not at Area or National Rallies. At Area and National Rallies a vendor pays for a booth to sell their wares. It would not be fair to them to have coaches selling items from the parking spots without paying a vendor fee.

We have a Rally every couple of years at the Canton Civic Center, Canton, Texas home of First Monday Trades Day. At our Rally, not on First Monday, Member will have tables just as you said and sell only their extra or unwanted RV Items. (most of the time they end up giving it to someone, but they still dispose of the item).

Try it at one of your Rallies.

Herman

A variation on this would be to have people donate their unwanted/unneeded RV and other items to the organization and then have an auction to benefit the organization. I was at a rally many years ago when the organization did this. Everyone enjoys an auction. I'm still using at least one item that I bought at that auction!

You can get rid of your junque and help hold the dues down.