neilcarol

Front Wheels off the Ground When Leveling

You cannot correct a non-level site. Having the front wheels off the ground is not necessarily a bad thing other than the possibility that you will have a long step into our out of your coach. If that's the case, be sure you have the necessary step (steps) available.

Having the rear wheels off the ground is another story entirely and needs to be avoided at all costs.

Not really. Level is achieved by raising or lowering one end or the other and that's about it. If you feel better about seeing structure under your tires, you certainly could carry some boards or ramps to place under the tires. But that really doesn't change anything as the jacks and the chassis are designed to be able to handle these kinds of stresses.

I don't like having the front wheels off the ground as I only have one jack in front. Sometimes I can help this by driving onto the "Lego" type leveling blocks and then use the jacks to fine tune.

Same here except I have two front jacks.

I get the one jack thing, but with 2 jacks you are either going to have two tires on the ground supported by the coach frame or you are going to have to steel jacks on the ground supported by the frame. With that said, if that was my choice, it would also be my choice to move somewhere else the very next day. There is always another choice of places to stay.

Neil & Carol,

Please understand that any time you park and your wheels are off the ground, front or back that is a bad thing. If a site is that bad it is best that you move to a better site. That being said if a site is that low either front or back it would be best to drive up on blocks and then place blocks under the jacks. If the site is that unlevel and you have to put your wheels on blocks your jacks are not going to reach the ground.

Good luck and keep it on the level.

Herman