Benfrench

Type B Chapter?

Hi,

My wife and I recently purchased a Type B (Intervec Falcon 190) and while we belong to a chapter, it would be nice to camp with people our own size once in a while. I am aware of the Roadtrek chapter, but we don't have a Roadtrek. Are there other Bs in the New England Area?

- Ben

Ben,
Here on the FMCA Web site, on the home page click on Chapters and go to "Northeast Area." There you will find all of the Chapter in the NE. Take a look at them and you might find a Class B Chapter and if not go and start one.

Good Luck

Herman

Hi Ben,

In the Northeast Area we do not presently have a Class B chapter. There are several chapters who have members with Class B motorhomes especially now as many longtime members are downsizing. You will find that you would be welcomed into them.

If you would be interested in forming a class B chapter I would be happy to assist you. Please feel free to contact me at diplomatman2002@yahoo.com

Paul DuBois

Northeast Area National Vice President

Paul,

Thanks for reaching out on this. I don't have many folks I know that camp in Bs. I was hoping to find a group of people with similar motorhomes so that we may learn from each other. I have reached out to a couple of other chapters through the information request tool and would like to visit with them and see if they would be a good fit.

HI,
I would also like to find a Class B group that will accept off brand "B".

In June of 2012 I purchased a 2008 Krystall MH on a 2500 Sprinter chassis. The manufacturer is out of business and I would like to be able to exchange information.

I live in Southern California and it would be nice to get together 3 or 4 times a year with other Class B owners.

Harry Salit

As a result of "harrysusa" post in another FORUM and "Bebfrench" post ... I'm thinking that maybe we can start our own CLASS B club. I have had this on my mind for some time now and have in fact purchased a domain name called: CAN-AM CLASS B RV CLUB. It's just a name right at the moment but since we have Class B owners from both Canada and the US it might be something worth following up on. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

I also noticed that there is an informal group of Class B owners from RV.NET that have been hosting a Class B RV Rally for the past 9 years. Their 10th is scheduled for May 16-19 this year in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm going and though that I would run it by the members there as well.

Information on their rally is located at: http://www.military-rving.us/B-10/B-10_MI.html#

I think it would be nice to be able to travel with and meet other Class B owners. Although i know we are welcome to other rallies and events ... I don't have a whole lot in common with a 40 foot Class A.

If anyone would like to contact me please feel free to do so at: kaskeland@icloud.com

We can certainly talk about it and go from there. Nothing ventured ... nothing gained.

Karsty....

Funny you should bring this topic up as I have suggested to a manufacturer of CLASS B mothorhomes, (Advanced-RV) out of Ohio to do just that. The owner is Mike Neundorfer and their web site is www.Advanced-RV.com. They build a great CLASS B for owners that are downsizing out of those 40 foot CLASS A's you refer to. He welcomes and encourages CLASS B owners to contact him with suggestions and comments. Don't let up as your idea is a super one that should not be allowed to fizzle out.

27 March 2014 9:55

Hello, Type B fans!

I'm the owner of an Airstream 190 type-B coach, and I did an experimetnal survey amongst the type-B members at the Madison, Wisconsin convention. It seems that we in our coach community are interested in a Chapter of our own, and yet the ways and times we travel in our coaches varies much more than in owners of the "big rigs". The simple fact that I am still in the "working world" means that I can't attend all of the conventions and area rallies I would like.

Perhaps, one way to form a chapter would be to set up a "community" of type-B owners in each FMCA geographic area, and then have a pool of members in that area serve as the Chapter Officers for a term. The Officers would answer to the membership via online feedback to a Web site or social-network page. After their term, members from another area would fulfil the next term.

"Happy Cybercamping!"

Michael Canode, F13059S / NZMCA #19250

Webmaster, Ohio Nomads Chapter

We just joined FMCA. We have just purchased a Pleasure-Way Class M RV. We would also be interested in joining a Class B chapter. If you ever get

one going, please let me know. We live in Artesia NM and travel a great deal.

Thanks

Arlene Cassels F 449300

Email Address: Jenkinsarlene@yahoo.com

Arlene,

Welcome to FMCA and The Forum. You have just joined a very large and extended Family. If you don't find a chapter soon come to the FMCA Family Reunion and Motor Home Showcase in Madison, WI July 26 through Aug. 1. There will be a Chapter Fair where you can find just about any type of chapter.

Though I am not familiar with Pleasure Way you might call their office and ask if they are any chapter out there.

By the way is the cafeteria in the old movie theater still open in Artesia?

Herman

My husband and I are picking up our new Class B motorhome (Roadtrek 190 P) this week. Looking forward to information from other FMCA class B owners. We are downsizing from the Class C motorhome for the ability to travel the USA a little easier....

Jim and Pat

Would love to connect to B Club. We have B+ it's a 27 foot Coach House. We have a Coach House group, but would love to expand with ideas and stories. AND we are full timers. Currently in Northwest Washington State.

So how is that Class B club coming along?

We downsized from a Tiffin RED to a Winnebago Travato. We have a home in NH and one if Fl. Traveling with a pet, this was a good choice for us but we would like to  get together at a rally during the year either up North or down South, with other class B's.

Pka, 

Welcome to the Forum. Click on my  name and send me PM (personal message) with you number. We are having a rally in Shawnee Oklahoma and there are going to be group of Roadtracs there. In the mean time I will check to see how many there may attend.

Herman 

If your a member of FMCA, main site, under Chapters, there you will find all the info you need on "B" clubs.  Pleas advertise your non member clubs on other Forums!