Sign in to follow this  
mjhamm

Slide Outs Electrical

Friends of ours have a 2004 Georgie Boy 36 ft. Pursuit.

Recently both of their slideouts were stuck in the "out" position. There is power to the switches. Is there some form of safety that prevents the slideouts from moving? (Our 2000 Pace Arrow requires the emergency brake to be on before the slideouts will work.)

It seems odd that both slideouts would be stuck at the same time.

Welcome to the forum, mjhamm.

The best is to see the book for the coach. There could be several reasons that this can happen:

First ,have your friend restart the engine & try it again. Could be a charging problem to the house batteries.

2nd, make sure the coach is level, or it can put to much torque onto the slide mechanism parts.

3rd, it may have a separate key. Look that has to be turned on ,or the parking brake applied.

These are the usual things. Its verry unlikely that both slide outs go haywire at the same time.

Its best to look at your owners manual first, look into slideout operation.

Good luck & god bless.

old marine

One of our slides has switches that are on the doors under the slide. Those doors have to be closed for the slides to operate. I have one sticky switch that I have to give a push and then let it pop out. That will usually get the switch connected when I close the door. We also have to have the ignition off before any of the slides will operate. If the motors are overloaded they may have a reset button that can restore service. Look in the chassis DC fuse box for a fuse that may have burned out.

If you are not hearing any noise from the motors when you attempt to move the slides then they are not receiving electricity or not enough electricity. Check all possible switches, fuses, wiring and the batteries.