Sign in to follow this  
Talley

Onan MicroLite Computer Replacement

My MicroLite will not start easy and when it does run and a load (A/C) is put on it it shuts down. I have replaced the carb and verified I have fuel pressure so am planning to replace the computer. Can this be done with the generator mounted in the RV or does it have to be pulled out?

Thanks for all the help from the forum members. My RV is kept at my hunting lease so I only get out there to work on it once a month or so which is why the process is taking so long. May just give in and take her to a shop but hate admiting defeat.

Did you receive a code when it shut down? That is vital to read before you start replacing expensive parts. I had a similar problem with my MicroLite. I tested the fuel pump. Guess what the problem was? The fuel pump. It tested fine but only for about 60 seconds, at which point it lost pressure. I replaced it and the generator is humming away.

Unfortunately mine is an older model that does not have the diagnostics, hence all the darn guessing. New carb did not fix it so hoping this is the next and final before I have to go to the hassle of moving it off the ranch and to a mechanic. Tough logistics.