Sign in to follow this  
Kevin510

No Daily Entrance For Six State Rallies?

Hello all,

I must say that I am writing this with a bit of disappointment. I have been a FMCA member for a few years now but have been a part of my parents membership for many years before that. We have yet to attend an actual rally but were looking forward to going to a six state rally in Shawnee, OK. that starts tomorrow.

The problem is that both my wife and I are both fairly young (30 and 31) and both have full time Monday through Friday jobs. We were planning to leave Thursday night and attend the rally either on Friday or Saturday or maybe both.

The advertisements for the rally only showed the full 5 day passport so I e-mailed the "rally master" but received no response. I called the FMCA office but no one there knew either. My parents showed up to the rally this morning and found out for me that they are not going to offer any daily passes, only the full passport which would be way out of the question for my wife and I and our 3 kids.

So my question is.....Are all rallies like this? I don't really see the point of being a member if I am not going to be able to attend functions for another 25 years!?!

Good afternoon, Kenvin. First of all, welcome to FMCA. We are happy that you are second generation members and that your children are also involved in this great lifestyle.

I contacted Charlie Adcock, the vice president for the South Central area. Day passes are not being sold...they are being given away FREE! Charlie will be contacting your parents to let them know and, hopefully, he will be able to meet you and your family personally when you travel up to Shawnee from Amarillo!

Safe travels!

Jerry, thank you so much for your help. Mr. Adcock did contact my parents and they in turn contacted me.

I would like to thank you and him for help in clearing up my confusion. He was also very generous in offering a spot to us free of charge. Again, thank you for your help. It is great to know that I will be able to enjoy future FMCA functions without having to wait until retirement. :D

And I do look forward to meeting you as well as Mr.Adcock sometime in the near future.

Thank you again.

Kevin Allison, F422744

Way to go, FMCA staff (JYeatts), on resolving this problem. Also, Charlie Adcock went the extra mile to resolve the situation in the field. I call that good (no, excellent) customer service!!

Sam

This newby thinks he has found a new home...very impressed :D

garyntut,

If you get a chance we 'd love to have you (and anyone reading this) come to the Western Area Rally in Indio, CA January 8-12, 2014. The theme this year is Dogpatch USA.

Our Rally this past January had 1100 families attend - we have a terrific time and we need volunteers - in fact the Rally registration form asks if you want to volunteer.

More info here: http://www.wafmca.com/western_rally.htm

See you in Indio!