evarney

2011 Holiday Rambler Alumalite LEAKING

I purchased a new 2011 Holiday Rambler Alumalite 32' in June of 2011. In May of 2012 I had to have warranty work done because of a stress crack in the fiberglass over cab. Now I located a leak in the over cab near the driver's side, possibly coming from the window. I brought the coach in for service.

Now Monaco/Navistar/Holiday Rambler is saying that they will not warranty it because, "It is my responsibility to make sure there are no water intrusions." and that the coach is out of warranty. The coach was "technically" out of warranty in June of 2012, 2.5 months ago. But shouldn't a brand new coach stay free from water intrusion for more than a year?

The dealer wants $800 to fix it, saying that the whole over cab must be resealed at all seams. This is my first RV, and purchased new because I was sure that I would not have problems like this for at least a few years. There must be something I can do, isn't there?

I contacted Monaco/Navistar/Holiday Rambler, but the Tech rep. was nothing short of RUDE. I have never dealt with someone that was so sarcastic and condescending like he was. I asked to speak to someone above him and I was told that there was not anyone that I could speak to.

Can someone please point me in the correct direction? If I am headed in the correct direction, well then, it is what it is and I will pay up and shut up. But if this is not a situation that should be happening, then I will put my head down and fight.

Thank you,

Eric

Eric, The fact that there was a crack in the fiberglass over the cab kind of sets off a thought. You might want to run the Vin number through Car Facts. I do not know it they list Coaches. also, the fact that they repaired the crack, does not necessarily mean they checked for other issues.

From time to time when dealers are driving units to shows, they get busted up for a number of reasons. They patch them up and sell as new and never mention this fact.

I was at my repair shop this spring and saw one a driver from a dealership messed up real good, when he missed an off ramp and hit the divider head on. Needless to say it was not one anybody would want to buy, if they had seen all the damage.

Just my 2 cents worth on this one.

Rich.

Eric,

I have a 2010 Holiday Rambler that has just recently leaked(poured) water so badly that it came out the ceiling lights and speakers above the driver and passenger seats while driving in the rain. The dealer found out that the front and rear cabs were never attached to the roof at the factory. Rivets from side to side never punched through the fiberglass roof. The dealer was surprised the roof had never blown off. They stated there was so much water damage that the roof would need to be removed and professionally dried out. The manager of customer service told them to dry it out with fans, seal it up and send it home. The dealer refused because it was unethical. The factory came and got it so they could lie and hide any wrong doing.

Before this last incident we had major electrical and structural damages for two years (has been in the factory twice for months) and numerous times at dealers for numerous repairs. Please check your roof and seams very well for your safety. As for Monaco/Navistar taking responsibility for any wrong doing....we haven't gotten anywhere. Customer service manager is one of the most important jobs of a successful business. As you may have heard Monaco/Navistar Holiday rambler RV is failing yet again. This customer service manager has been with the company since it went bankrupt in 2009. Someone with a higher title needs to get a clue.

Thanks, Violetrayes