Sign in to follow this  
JMarske

RV Toilet Tissue

We have used both. One test I was told about was that the some of the home brands break up easier than the RV paper. Not sure what the RV paper is supposed to do better.

I have seen multiple tests showing how quickly TP breaks down. Some break down in something like 10 seconds and others take up to 90 seconds. Is this really a problem? How often do you dump 90 seconds after using the facilities. If you don't then I assume both types will have broken down. I have used many brands but mostly Charmin and I have been full timing since 1997 without any issues related to the type of paper I have used.

You need to take into consideration how many sheets are used & how tightly folded. Suggest you

do a test at home. Use TP as usual, drop in gallon zip lock or larger.. add a few drops of your

waste solution (if you use any) if not just water or try both.. see how it disolves & how long.

I've tested if it's folded with several layers.. some types do not disolve well. The single layer test

.. any TP breaksdown in a couple hours but who uses a single sheet?

Ditto on /// must use lots of water....

I've been traveling for seven years now and have used a variety of brands. As a single, I only need to dump every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and I do not use 'plenty of water" due to boondocking. When I'm in an RV park and have my sewer line hooked up, I flush those tanks liberally.

Never have had a problem.