Sign in to follow this  
JimandBeckyBrockey

Windshield Wiper

Today, after driving for two days in the Rain, the Co-Pilots side Wiper went crazy. It suddenly started tracking way off the side of the window. It would return to center as it normally did but continued off the window completely on the co-pilot side.

I stopped and adjust the wiper to match all the screw and bolt settings of the Pilot side wiper. It would work correctly for about three swipes and then back to the loose, out of control action.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I drive a 2006 Newmar Dutch Star.

Jim,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. From the sound of it, one of two things have occurred. The wiper arm may be loose from the pivot post. Otherwise, the linkage leading from the motor to the pivot post has come loose.

Let me suggest you lift the wiper arm off the glass and gently try to move it back and forth. It should stay firmly in place, but you will probably find it loose and able to move back and forth by hand. If so, take the wiper arm off the pivot post and see if you can move the pivot post gently with pliers. It the pivot post is solid, the the trouble is likely the arm not staying anchored to the post. If the post moves easily with the pliers, then the linkage from the motor to the post is probably the culprit.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Tim

Jim, Do not know if this issue relates to your problem,but it might be worth looking into.

Newmar Mountain Aire Diesel Push 2007 Consumer Complaints Fail date miles occurences Purchase date VISIBILITY 08/08/2008 4000 1 Heavy rainstorm, wipers running on high speed. passenger side wiper stops moving & impedes the drivers side wipers movement. visibility drops to nearly zero, and makes getting to a safe place to stop very difficult. rv manufacturer replaced the wiper motor/shaft & wiper arm as the splines were completely wiped smooth. happened again a year later. same scenario, same wiper. same damage to the wiper motor shaft splines & wiper arm splines. *tr

Read more: http://www.faqs.org/car/newmar-mountain-aire-diesel-push-2007/#ixzz27vVmCA7s

Rich.

Jim,

I think the two other posts hit it on the head. Chances are the splines in either the wiper arm (most likely) or the shaft have worn out. After you tighten it you'll get a couple of swipes and then what little part of the spline was catching will wear out. Depending where you are there might be a repair place nearby. If you're in Alabama near exit 44 off I10 there is a good repair facility that got high marks on FMCA.

Charlie