ambyn

A&E WeatherPro Awning Motor

I have an 05 Expedition with a WeatherPro electric patio awning that will not closed. I have rolled it up manually and have it tied off so that it can not open on its own.

I have some questions that I could use some help with.

1. Is the motor on the top of the awning arm or inside the roller tube assembly?

2. Has anyone replaced the motor on their own?

Regards,

Amby N

Ambyn,

The motor is inside the roller tube assembly. I have had my motor replaced once although I did not do it myself.

It isn't an easy replacement though as I watched three techs replace it at the motorcoach manufacturer's facility.

Ambyn,

I am in the same boat. The drive motor is on the front end of the awning tube. Your awning info should be on the inside of the tube near the motor. (mod,ser,etc) Inside the arm near there is a rubber connector with two wires. Unplug it and If you can measure 12 volts there when the switch is depressed and the 12 volt polarity reverses when the switch is depressed the other way it must be th motor. I find they cost ~ $155.00 and would expect the installation directions will come with it. I will order mine tomorrow and should have it in a few days and will post if this is all true.

Chris in Kingston

Ambyn, I have resolved my motor problem. Please see my post under electrical forum. You can do iy. cwschnepf@yahoo.com