Cl7aude1

2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D - Work Horse Question

We currently own a 1992 Holiday Rambler Imperial 33ft, 460 Ford, and absolutely love it. We "believe" we need more room to accommodate our 4 legged kids since we do not have slides.

We are now looking at a 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D with a Gas Engine. It has a Work Horse Chassis, which I have read some negative comments. This will probably be our last purchase for many years, therefore we want to make a sound decision. Any one know of Work Horse issues that could help/hurt our decision to purchase this vehicle? We live in Florida and mostly drive straight and flat.

Also, we would welcome other comments about this Fleetwood and other comments/suggestions about other Coaches that would be a good investment for our travels and comfort. Although we will probably tow a vehicle, we will probably stay with Gas.

We appreciate all of your ideas, suggestions and comments.

I have a Workhorse chassis and can say I have not had any issues with it. Regardless of what you buy, you will always have issues, but a lot of issues can be avoided if you can get maintenance records from the previous owner(s), as well as a vehicle inspection.

I also believe there were two transmission options in 2007. One was a GM and the other was an Alllison 6-speed. Both are acceptable but the Allison seems to be more bullet-proof

This is just my own opinion. I think 36 foot is pushing the limits on a gas engine. Add a toad to that and i believe you will have some power problems Going from 33 feet with a 460 to 36 feet, with slides and a 454 might be pushing the limits.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck.

Herman

Hi Freedom, I dissagree about the power issue. I have a 2003 38' rig on a w-22 chassis. We have 2 super slides and pull a 4500 lb. jeep and have no problems. I cruise at about 62-65 mph and downshifts are minimal in normal conditions. There is no doubt that a DP has a number of advantages. But for the money, I am more than happy with my Chevy 8.1.

Thanks for the quick responses. Your suggestions help tremendously by waking up my brain to look at the overall picture of performance and not just how pretty the Coach looks while driving down the road.

I get about 8.5 w/o generator running and about 7.5 with generator. It's hard to get accurate fuel consumption since generator fuel feeds from main tank.

Power is definately an issue as we have driven uphill cheahah mountain at about 14mph at times without towing.

I hope others will continue to give us comments.

I have a 2003 Pace Arrow 37A 8.1 with the Allison I have no problems power or mechanical, my toad is 3700lbs. I worked for Cummins CT for 40 years and prefer the gas MH. DP maintenance costs are a lot higher and DIY is limited.

Thank you for helping with your experience and knowledge. It has been an overwhelming search for a Coach and still remain in my restrictive budget. I will continue my quest...

Hi Freedom, I dissagree about the power issue. I have a 2003 38' rig on a w-22 chassis. We have 2 super slides and pull a 4500 lb. jeep and have no problems. I cruise at about 62-65 mph and downshifts are minimal in normal conditions. There is no doubt that a DP has a number of advantages. But for the money, I am more than happy with my Chevy 8.1.

I have a 2002 Fleetwood Bounder, Model 36U with the Allison 5 speed Transmission abd pull by tow bar a 2006 P.T. Cruiser and have no problems withe the power.

Fabulous Class A RV Coach.