Sign in to follow this  
Larry196

Dreamed of Monaco

I have the darndest luck.

I go to 31 flavors and find a flavor I like-They quit making it.

I go to a fast food joint and find a burger I like, same thing.

Try going to Red Robins and getting the same burger twice-Won't happen.

All my Rving life I've dreamed of owning a high dollar Monaco--

I finally did it and got a 2006 HR and look what happened to Monaco.

I hit a small post in a tight turn, can't get repair doors, I have had 2 body shops turn me down because it's a Monaco.

Imagine buying a brand new HR and getting the same feeling. I see that Navistar have sold off their plant in Coburg and are just leasing a small part of it for service....that way Navistar gets back capital and can shut things down completely when the lease runs out.

FWIW my dealership here in Abbotsford BC remains a Navistar/Monaco/HR dealer and has it's own body shop.....not too much of a trip from Vancouver Washington.................

Red Robin! YUM!

I always get the Whiskey River BBQ burger. Have been eating it for years!

Sorry, I know, I get your point.

As to Navistar, I understand they are closing the OR location but relocating to Elkhart and the old Monaco facility. Does anyone know if that is still valid information?

Larry,

Sorry for your bad luck. However Monaco is still in business and have many parts available. If you contact their parts department and they do not have the door they can order one made.A friend of mine damaged two doors and was able to get them from Monaco. And yes you have a fine coach.

Bill,

I believe you are correct that Navistar has moved all but tech support back to Indiana.

Now, nobody asked but here is my thought on the matter. I feel that in a few years Navistar will find that they can build trucks but have no idea as to how to run a Motor Home company an will put it up for sale.

Just my idea (and Hope)

Herman

My wife and I stopped at Wakarusa Indiana on the way back home from New York. We took a plant tour and were told that all Class A motorhomes were going to be built in Wakarusa. The service department was open and it looked like they were doing all kinds of repairs. Smokeater75.

Herman,

I concur with your thoughts on Monaco. As I understand it Navistar is in serious financial trouble as reported in RV Pro Magazine a few months ago. In fact the company executive Board exercised a special stock option (the specific name escapes me) to make it more difficult for a take over by an outside source. The stock option would require any take over company to pay a premium over current value of the stock. The Navistar company lost a large military contact and has had millions in quarterly loses over the past year. It is my opinion Navistar is going to have to unload certain segments of its business as a sell off to raise money to stay afloat.

I have a 2008 Monaco product but I would not buy one today. I would not want to take another $8000 warranty bath as I did on my 2008 when Navistar bought Monaco name and facilities.

Ray

I've also been hoping to upgrade to a Monaco, once my airline employer wraps up what amounts to a tactical bankruptcy to wriggle out from under obligations to shareholders, vendors, employees.

The Navistar offerings at Hershey seemed lacking in attention to detail, I came away from that experience with the resolve to avoid "transition" models, if our purchase is pushed too far down the road (targeting 3-5 year old coaches).

We have a 2011 Monaco Knight purchased new. Monaco's service has been very satisfactory. I think to predict what will happen with Navistar and its various divisions is a waste of time. Navistar, or International, has been making trucks for many, many years, and have many happy users. My take is that they are more likely to survive a downturn in the RV market that those whose only line is RVs. Just my two-bits worth.

We just came from the Monaco Oregon Service Center in Coburg, OR. We spent three days there getting various things fixed on our coach. The service center is very much in business there though their location has moved from the old location near the old factory location. They have water/electric hook-ups and a dump station for coaches in for service and they bring your coach out of the shop at the end of the day so you can stay in it overnight. The waiting room isn't as luxurious as the old location and the amenities like the various complementary local tours that they offered are long gone. They did have an excellent book listing a wide variety of activities within several hours drive of the facility.

We had a bad latch on a bay door. They could not find a replacement. The tech got it working much better but since this was a high use compartment, they switched the latch with another on the water storage tank, a door that I seldom use. They painted both of them so they match the existing paint properly. I had several issues with gauges on the dash. They resolved all of them. They refurbished the entry door latch so that it works as it should. I had them replace the canvas cover for the living room slide. They took care of several other small issues. We got great service all done in a very efficient manner and the final bill was better than I was expecting, not cheap, just better than expectations.

I would highly recommend visiting this location to take care of those tough issues that can't be resolved elsewhere. At the present time, the techs here worked in the factory and are quite knowledgeable in the units they are repairing. Each afternoon you could meet the tech when the coach was returned to its parking spot to get an update on progress and discuss possible solutions for difficult problems like the door latch. You can schedule an appointment by calling the Monaco RV, LLC at 877-466-6226. This line will also work for the Indiana Service Center in Waukarusa, IN.

Give Northwest RV Supply a call..they bought all of Monaco's part warehouse when Monaco moved their motorized division to Wakarusa....I recommend you call them as they haven't categorized all that was in the warehouse to put it on their website yet......Dennis http://www.nwrvsupply.com/

I was there in person, two weeks ago. The place is a nest! Not only is the address given on the web site a junk yard in the worst sense of the word, the attendant was less than helpful. If they had a second location as the web site indicates, they didn't mention that. I left there wondering why anyone would go there. They weren't helpful, the stock was very limited and presented as what you see is what you get. If they have a second location with more stock then I would hate to see it. I would have to assume that I was at their showroom, the address on their website, and it was no showroom. I've been to a number of auto salvage yards and know what a salvage operation looks like.

I didn't expect pretty.

Larry,

Sorry for your bad luck. However Monaco is still in business and have many parts available. If you contact their parts department and they do not have the door they can order one made.A friend of mine damaged two doors and was able to get them from Monaco. And yes you have a fine coach.

Bill,

I believe you are correct that Navistar has moved all but tech support back to Indiana.

Now, nobody asked but here is my thought on the matter. I feel that in a few years Navistar will find that they can build trucks but have no idea as to how to run a Motor Home company an will put it up for sale.

Just my idea (and Hope)

Herman

Herman, you're right on the money...they are looking to sell.......if the right buyer comes along. So far they have rejected some offers, so when I will happen is anyone's guess...but that's their intention.