Sign in to follow this  
Mpburke

Dinghy for Bounder

I tow a 2012 Honda Fit four wheels down. You can tow many different ways, four down, trailer or dolly. Here is the link to FMCA's towing section http://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towing where you can find a lot of information. Make sure you read the owners manuel for the vehicle before you buy it to make sure you know just what you will be required to do to safely tow it.

Have you looked at the Cheverolet Equinox? We have towed ours for about 30,000 miles. It has an automatic tranmission, but you do need to pull one fuse. I installed a switch to turn off the circuit so I don't have to pull the fuse. I did have a problem with proper installation of a Break Buddy and switched to Air Force One breaking system, a very good company. The adapters to attach my tow bar came from Roadmaster. The directions are very complete and took me about 3 hours comlete the installation with standard tools. Wireing the brake and tail lights took much longer.

I tow a 2004 Chevy Tracker 4x4. Tows very well and very versitile with the 4 wheel drive. It's the same vehicle as a Suzuki Grand Vitara, so either would work. Seems like I actually see more Grand Vitara's than Trackers.

I tow with a tow dolly because every car that we currently own can’t be towed 4 down. When I look for a replacement I may go with something I can tow 4 down but for now this works great.

Bill

I tow a Ford Explorer 4x4 which requires a neutral switch to be installed. Works great and has plenty of room.

Smaller cars may help your mpg. Andy

I tow a Ford Explorer 4x4 which requires a neutral switch to be installed. Works great and has plenty of room.

Smaller cars may help your mpg. Andy

I tow a 99 Silverado 1/2 ton, v6 5 speed for about the last 100,000 miles. Lots of room and I carry 92 gallons of diesel in the tank in the bed. I get between 10 and 11 mpg with a 32 foot, ISB 275.

Another vote for the Honda CRV. Great little vehicle, plus Honda's reliability, economy and value.

Help please. I am very overwhelmed looking for what small/mid suv would be towable for our Bounder. Any suggestions?

It would be helpful to know more about your Bounder. Is it a diesel Bounder or gasoline? Do you know the GCWR for your motorhome?

Here's a link to the FMCA Towing Guide and other info. http://www.fmca.com/motorhome/towing