Sign in to follow this  
lforrester

Head Sets

Friend I motorhome with has a set of headsets he communicates with is wife while backing up or positioning his coach on a camp site.

Does anyone know who makes these or where I can get a pair?

I have seen these for sale at various RV rallies.

http://www.rvheadsets.com/

I have heard mixed reviews so be sure that whatever you buy you try first (or have a return option) as different people have different needs. You can do the same basic thing if you and your spouse have phones. Just call each other using the headphones designed for your phone and it's all hands free.

We use a pair of Talkabouts made by Motorola, Think Model T5710. Had them for a good 5 years or more and they have worked real good with a jack to plug in a set of headphones and mike.

They also work real good if the DW goes shopping an finds a deal she thinks I would like, just gives me tone when she keys the mike; when I'm out in the coach reading or tinkering with something needing a little TLC while we are stopped.

Rich.

We have used standard 2 way radios for 11 years. They aren't hands free but we don't need that in maneuvering situations. We also find them useful when traveling with friends. We can all communicate from coach to coach with their radios and ours set to the same frequency.