Kevin510

Adding A Keyless Entry System?

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone had ever installed a keyless entry system on their coach entry door.

Either one that has a remote or one that has a keypad next to the door.

Kevin,

Our Momaco Dynasty can with a keyless entry system. I love it. when I open the coach it unlocks all compartment doors and locks them all when I lock the unit. I am not sure how hard it would be ti install a aftermarket unit. I think it may be very difficult. :o

Herman

We have a Tri Mark system in our MH. Since the door also has a dead bolt, we don't use the keyless entry for it's one lock. However, it does have a feature that locks/unlocks most of the basement doors which is great. Some basement doors must be manually unlocked such as the battery and Aqua Hot compartments.

Over 10 years ago I bought and installed a home type 1" dead bolt Electronic Touch-pad Lock at a Home Depot type store on sale for $40.- . It worked perfect on my motor home summer & winter in Minnesota. It was a WEISER LOCK - POWERBOLT with 4-AA battery's and operated manually on the inside and with a key on the outside or the 10 digit programmable touch-pad.

Dwight