Sign in to follow this  
sljuntunen@gmail.com

What's "ERROR 404"?

Hi ALL: Joined FMCA in 05 but as there didn't appear to be a good interactive Forum at that time, didn't access the site much.

NOW, however, I've found the FMCA Forum and look fwd. to interacting with y'all. BUT....I have a question. When we joined in 05, I entered FMCA as a bookmark on laptop. Since re finding the FMCA site now with an active forum, I've been clicking on this bookmarked site and getting into the main page and forum without difficulty, but on that main (home) page is a statement about something called "Error 404" having to do with this perhaps NOT being the current FMCA Home Page and needing to somehow get to a "new/updated" page and bookmarking it.

So....how do I confirm I'm actually on the most current page??? Thanks. Steve & Lynette

Guest felixp

Hello, Steve. Error 404 is "Page Not Found." Usually this happens when a bookmarked page no longer exists. I would suggest going to www.fmca.com and making that a new bookmark or even your homepage. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Guest Wayne77590

Hi steve.

Sometimes, depending on your browser (AOL for example) the pages you visited in the past are cached in memory and when you use your bookmark it will come up with the last page you visited for that bookmark. You have an option to clear the cache and by doing so it "may" help. Also, cookies can sometimes present a problem. You have to remember that if you clear the "cookies" you will loose all passwords that you asked the webs site to remember when you logged in, so it is a good idea to keep an encrypted list of passwords.

As mentioned, in most cases re-bookmarking a web site will correct the problem.