Sign in to follow this  
lforrester

Winnebago Slide Wiring And Plumbing Loom

Greetings,

I have a 2008 Winnebago Tour with 4 slides. The larger slides in the kitchen and, living area both have a "loom" that runs alongside the slide out screw and support beam under the slide. When you extend the slide this "loom" and the associated wiring and plumbing extend with the slide. When you retract the slide it retracts into a cavity under the slide between the floor and the storage area. The loom is a plastic contraption that looks like a large bicycle chain that houses the wiring and plumbing inside the and carries the wire and hoses through the extension and retraction movement.

Essentially it is a device to keep the wires together and out of harms way while you extend or retract the slide. Mine is coming apart at the linked joints and will bundle into a large mess that will push the facia off the side of the coach while bending the facia brackets and creating a terrific mess. It usually takes me about an hour to reassemble this and put the slide in.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

Any solutions or fixes for my problem? This is happening on both sides and is a real pain.

What you have is refereed to a flexible conduit. It is used in industrial machinery. What it sounds like is that yours may not have been lube enough. It is most likely exposed to road dirt and debris. Check with some industrial machine tool companies.

Good Luck.

Herman

Thanks for your valuable input, I will contact someone with industrial experience in this area and see if they can prescribe a solution meanwhile I will dry lube the conduit and hope that will suffice for the time being.