Just curious. There was a change about '06 and Honda quit honoring the warranty if towed although I am convinced it would work fine. We like the interior arrangement for the Element (no longer available) and just wondered if we could consider a used '10 or '11 model.

You've probably read what I posted just last night in another thread, but I'll repeat:

"...I've towed our 2004 Element ( AWD / auto trans) about 5000 miles so far with no problem. In the 2004 Owners Manual there is a procedure outlined to prep for flat towing. Its my understanding that in about 2005 or 2006, Honda stopped including this procedure in Element manuals, tacitly prohibiting the flat tow without a specific prohibition. But there was no technical change to the vehicle that would warrant such a policy change. It is the opinion of many owners that this was simply a move by the Honda USA legal department to try to sidestep any future potential liability. I know of several post-2005 owners who flat tow Elements with no problems, following the pre-2005 procedure..."

What's the vehicle weight of a Honda Element? We've got a Pilot 4wd but think it's too heavy. Does anyone know what the difference is between a CRV vs. an Element?

Same drive train and the CRV is towable. The problem is that the Element handbook says that it is towable only for short distances (2006 and later) and they will not honor the warranty if towed for long distance. Chances are you would never have a problem but I didn't want to take that chance. So I did not buy an Element when they stopped production. I really liked the interior arrangement and sometimes I wish I had taken the chance.