Kenquin

Sumitomo Tires

After getting over sticker shock caused by the prices for Goodyear and Michelin replacement tires I started on the sometime frustrating job of researching other brands. I spoke with all the manufactures I could reference and after reviewing the spread sheets I settled on Sumitomo 727 in 255-70R22.5

No sooner had them on and we were off for a 8 week trip of some 4000 miles. At first they sounded noisy and seemed to ride a little on the hard side. But as the molding nobs wore off and the tire developed a smoothness to the tread the noise was gone and the ride became softer. We had lots of rain and road flooding so had the opportunity to get a feel for wet road conditions. They performed very well despite what was a considerable amount of road water at times.

As with most high cost items price was a real consideration and at $2350.00 for 6 tires, balanced and out the door, the savings over the "name" brands is substantial. So if you are considering re-tiring give Sumitomo a read before deciding where to spend your hard earned dollars. You will not be disappointed

I believe Sumitomo also makes Dunlop Tires in the USA.

Very same tire and thread pattern, but I believe you will find that they are made in Japan from what my tire man told me.

The Sumitomo 22.5 on my coach are made in Japan. The seven year old tires are soon to be replaced with made in the USA Firestones FS560 Plus! Hearing very good reports on them.

Had no problems or complaints with the Sumitomos.ST727.