Guest Wayne77590

Motion Activated Night Light

Guest Wayne77590

I picked up the RV Night Owl , motion activated light. I did not want to punch holes in the fiber glass and was wondering how I was going to use this. It also came with 3m stick-on tape, but I am afraid that in the Southern climate it would just melt off.

I purchased some heavy duty Velcro, and today I stuck it on the door just above the latch. Now when I walk up, the light comes on (little led) and illuminates the latch area making the key slot finding a little easier.

When we get ready to leave I will just pull it off and re-stick it the next time we stop.

For those of you with the illuminated hand grip, well, I'm just a little envious, but I'm having as much fun as you are!!!!

Edited: The Night Owl is sold at CW with Stock # 40704

Good idea,,,,sometimes arriving late and forget to leave the light on,,,,,getting the lock open is a magic trick.

I would like a more permanent install though. I use the commercial two sided tape for a couple of chrome decals on the jeep. I have not had any problem losing them in Florida or Texas in the summer.

I haven't seen those motion lights,,,,will have to look for them on the next trip to CW.

Thanks for sharing the idea.

Guest Wayne77590

Yes, I have also used 3m tape to stick items on motorcycles and cars with no problem. I'm afraid that the 1 inch bulk of this item, even though it is light, would peel off at road speeds due to the wind speed and mass sticking out. It is just as easy now to put it away when we put the outdoor thermometer away and re-stick it when we arrive at our new site.

This can be used indoors or outdoors. Indoors as a motion activated night light, which is nice in that you don't have a light on except when you move, and it only stays on for 5 seconds if there is no motion. It could also be used in the storage bays, or wherever needed or wanted.

Another source is Innovations