Sign in to follow this  
RWDMLD18

Generator

I have changed the fuel filter and fuel pump. Pump will not draw fuel when the fuel pump is turnede on. Is there a way to keep fuel in the fuel lines or is there other problems.

RWDMLD18

I have changed the fuel filter and fuel pump. Pump will not draw fuel when the fuel pump is turned on. Is there a way to keep fuel in the fuel lines or is there other problems.

RWDMLD18

[/quotdifferente]

We will need more information in order to be able to assist you.

Assume fuel level is high enough in tank for the generator feed to be in fuel.

Is this a gas or diesel?

What model generator?

What year coach (more importantly, any chance there is a cracked fuel line allowing air to be sucked into the system)?

If diesel, did you pre-fill the fuel filter and did you follow generator manufacturer's instructions for bleeding the fuel system? There are several differnt procedures-- on some they have a manual primer lever, on others an electric pump and you cycle the start button, etc.

I have changed the fuel filter and fuel pump. Pump will not draw fuel when the fuel pump is turnede on. Is there a way to keep fuel in the fuel lines or is there other problems.

RWDMLD18

Wolfe10, thanks for the reply and help. Se below for answer to your question.

Question: Assume fuel level is high enough in tank for the generator feed to be in fuel.

Answer: There is approxmately 70 gallon in the tank.

Question: Is this a gas or diesel?

Answer: Gasoline

Question: What model generator?

Answer: Generac Model 09592-0

Question: What year coach (more importantly, any chance there is a cracked fuel line allowing air to be sucked into the system)?

Answer: 1999 National Sea Breeze

My next step is to check the fuel line from the tank to the generator. The line at the generator appears good. I has to cut off about an inch to reattach to the fuel filter.

Wolfe10, thanks for the reply and help. Se below for answer to your question.

Question: Assume fuel level is high enough in tank for the generator feed to be in fuel.

Answer: There is approximately 70 gallon in the tank.

Question: Is this a gas or diesel?

Answer: Gasoline

Question: What model generator?

Answer: Generac Model 09592-0

Question: What year coach (more importantly, any chance there is a cracked fuel line allowing air to be sucked into the system)?

Answer: 1999 National Sea Breeze

My next step is to check the fuel line from the tank to the generator. The line at the generator appears good. I has to cut off about an inch to reattach to the fuel filter.

An easy way to rule out the whole fuel supply system is to hook up a fuel line from a jerry can of fresh fuel. Obviously, keep the gasoline container and vapor a safe distance from the generator itself and any source of sparks.

Another way is to splice in one of the inexpensive clear-body fuel filters just before the fuel pump and check for bubbles in the fuel passing through it.

Brett Wolfe