Pocono1

Attaching FMCA Plate

We just got our first motorhome (Jayco 31DS) and joined FMCA.

We got the plates with some screws, but I would rather not drill holes into our new motorhome. Any suggestions how to best attach the plates without screws and without marring finish.

Jim Leopold

Jim,

Welcome to FMCA and the FMCA Forum.

There are some other threads showing a number of ways to mount the oval.

At the top right of this page, type "Kiley Mold" in the "search box".

I also use black wire tie-ties on the lader. Easy to snip and replace if necessary. Usually it can be stepped over and if it is mounted toward the rear of the ladder the step is still available.

For the front, I went to a hobby shop (Hobby Lobby here in Texas) and picked up a bag of suction cups with removable hooks. I use a small set of suction cups with the hook stuck to the lower passenger side front window.

Works for me.

We use the ladder mounts sold by Kiley Mold for attaching to the rear ladder. We also bought (4) approximately silver dollar sized clear suction cups, secured them to the other FMCA plaque with small screws/nuts and mount it on the front windshield just above the dash. :D

BJ,

Welcome to the FMCA and Forum.

You will receive your plates (Goose Eggs) in the mail. It being Christmas Time it may take a little longer then normal. What area of the country do you live? The reason I ask is that when you join FMCA the office sends notification to all of the Chapters in your area. Some will notify you and invite you to come visit them at a Rally, sadly some won't.

But be assured that if you are in the South Central Area, AR., LA. MO. KS. OK. or Texas you will get a letter from Lone Star. Our secretary is very good in sending invites to new FMCA Members.

If you have any questions about chapter please don't hesitate to send me a personal message and I will happy to help.

Merry Christmas

Herman Mullins

President

Lone Star Chapter

I took ours to a local imaging store. they made us two vinyl stickers for $37.00 . Eliminated drilling holes or purchasing brackets. They are coated with a coating to protect against UV rays. Also removes easily w/ a hair dryer.

HAVE A HAPPY :)