thrushl

Steering Problem

ThrushI,

The fact that fan cooling motor ( from your description) was eating itself from the inside out. So replacing one from a salvaged unit with all the effort you put into keeping the hydraulic system clean by flushing the system and replacing the filters and fluid on regular 5000 mi intervals might not be the first choice.

Think asking Nova how they rebuild them and if they use different material for the internal parts and the shaft bearings would be in order.

Rich.

PS----Being in WV for this long, you will soon be considered a resident. One of my best friends is from the state and we do have very similar backgrounds. Probably the reason we are friends, when I think about it.

HELP HELP Rich:

Nova does not have the fan drive motor and says they can't get it or the parts to repair mine. Where can I find one folks? I'm ca;;ing junk yards trying to get one already.....

Sent you a personal message with some links. Hope that you can get a lead on the item in question.

Your issue may need some modifications to resolve the issue, the motor in question is out of current production. Special order only from inquiries. Please keep the group informed.

You will need the fan drive number(motor) off the assembly and if you could get the OEM number from someone that might help.

Rich.

Sent you a personal message with some links. Hope that you can get a lead on the item in question.

Your issue may need some modifications to resolve the issue, the motor in question is out of current production. Special order only from inquiries. Please keep the group informed.

You will need the fan drive number(motor) off the assembly and if you could get the OEM number from someone that might help.

Rich.

Thanks Rich:

For all of you helping me - THANK YOU! Here is some additional information off the current motor:

Sauer-Danfoss

Date code: 09ddcd3

Type code: 551101303210

I'm calling around with no luck over the weekend. Is there a "replace" drive motor in a cross-reference list somewhere?

Thanks SO MUCH for helping.

Leo

In regards to the fan motor and other parts you need to get you back on the road-- if new parts are not available your only resource is used.

In my 40 years of experience working on all types of vehicles I have had very good experience with used parts. My question is-- did you call http://en.visonerv.com/?

I find it hard to believe that they do not have the parts you need since they have many HR and Monaco vehicles they are wrecking out. I wouldn't put up with the treatment you are getting. They either lack the knowledge or the ability to fix it. My advice to you is to tell them to fix it in a timely manner or I will take it to some one that can

.In my estimation six months without the RV is unacceptable.

In regards to the fan motor and other parts you need to get you back on the road-- if new parts are not available your only resource is used.

In my 40 years of experience working on all types of vehicles I have had very good experience with used parts. My question is-- did you call http://en.visonerv.com/?

I find it hard to believe that they do not have the parts you need since they have many HR and Monaco vehicles they are wrecking out. I wouldn't put up with the treatment you are getting. They either lack the knowledge or the ability to fix it. My advice to you is to tell them to fix it in a timely manner or I will take it to some one that can

.In my estimation six months without the RV is unacceptable.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yep, been there and called them. They have pumps, but most have no data plate and the ones that do have plates do not match mine, I found out talking to the manufacture (of record) of the pump that two pumps that look exactly the same can be very different.

They actually sent me the engineering blueprint for my pump and there is six versions that all look the same on the outside but turn a different rates and work on different pressures. That is why they are not stocked in inventory. In fact, HR order the spec they waned for my rig when built and the pumps they wanted in one batch. I'm sure others use the same pump and spec but everyone has their own part number and they do not cross walk.

I found that Sauer-Danfauss is listed as the manufacture, but they only by the pump from a company in England. If I could only find out who REALLY makes it.....

Why couldn't you get the pump and matching motor from one of the HRs at VISEON RV and put them in your RV as a set?

Well,...because all HR'S don't use that pump and the pressures control fan speed which controls the amount of cooling. Without the data plates, http://en.visonerv.com/ can't determine the fan speed. As my coach is designed to work at the highest speed, there is a 90+ percent chance that I would suffer over heating. This is the last part to replace to complete a 15K hydraulic system rebuild caused by a pump failure. clearly I don't want to any problems after this budget buster.

Thanks one and all for your support and advice on this this. Final solution was to replace:

Power Steering Gear

Power Steering Pump

hydraulic Fan drive motor

Fan drive pump

Temp sensor on radiator

Replace all hydraulic lines

$15,676

Fan drive motor failed, sent metal shavings into the system. Filter plugged and bypassed sending metal to all parts of the system

To give myself a little extra chance to spot a potential problem before this happens, I added an additional LARGE in-line filter with the factory filter and added a by-pass filter from Gulf Coast Filters. A little insurance. By the way, I was changing my fluid every 5K. Poop, happens and it got me good.

MOST of the delay was fighting GS who only wanted to replace one part at a time to keep costs down and the fact that three of these parts were special order that took months to get.

Reapir facility feedback, Buckley WV:

Heritage Truck Center - 1st Rate

Lee Terminal - I would not go back there.

Cheers

Leo

Leo, So glad you got things worked out with GS and a working solution for the hydraulic system. You have so much information regarding this issue, that you qualify as the forums expert.

Hurray Hurray and Hurray !!!!!!!

Safe and MANY trouble free miles -----

Rich.

Leo, So glad you got things worked out with GS and a working solution for the hydraulic system. You have so much information regarding this issue, that you qualify as the forums expert.

Hurray Hurray and Hurray !!!!!!!

Safe and MANY trouble free miles -----

Rich.

I may be an EX-PERT but I don't know about much else. That said, I know EXACTLY what is in my complete hyd system, the part numbers, pressures, and other facts I never wanted to know.

In the end, I NOW have a COMPLETE new hyd system that I hopes out lives me. I also paid a little out of pocket and have an up=power cooling fan and radiator. I also went ahead and sprang for a red head steering gear. THAT was the best thing out of all......