Sign in to follow this  
therocky

Looking For A New Microwave/Convection Oven

Have a 2000 Monaco Dynasty. The over the range microwave/convection oven won't come up to proper heat...fixit guy says parts are no longer available. Any ideas on good replacement units? Seems like Sharp is no longer making them. Am looking at a GE profile, but I need the kinds that mount with a long bolt from the bottom, to the backing plate.

Does that limit me to certain makes?

Just starting my research...thanks for any ideas.

We replaced our Sharp with an Advantium oven awhile back and hated it compared to the way the Sharp operated and cooked. We then replaced that unit (long story why) with a GE Profile Convection oven. This oven is so much better than either of the 2 previous ovens that there is simply no comparison. We just cooked up a 10 /12 # turkey for Thanksgiving and had to take a picture of the bird when it came out. It looked that good!

This did require that I drill a hole (2?) into the upper cabinet as this unit hangs and does not use the diagonal screw connection to the back wall like the Sharp. I have never found another convection oven that used a similar connection option but then I didn't try too hard either. It that kind of a connection option is available to you I think you will also find that it is a much more sturdy mounting option for our bouncy RV's.

We replaced the Sharp in our 2004 HR Endeavor with a GE Profile about 4 years ago. Needed to change out the rear mounting plate and also shim the plate out from wall about 3/4" to compensate for the GE door hinging on the left side rather than having panel on the left side as the Sharp did. The door hit on the cabinet side panel prior to the shim being installed and did not allow the door to open more than half way. Performance of the GE Profile was a major improvement over the Sharp for all types of cooking and I would make that swap again in a heartbeat. At that time, parts were available for the Sharp but it was out for repairs (different problems) twice in about 10 months and then failed again about 6 months after the second repair and went for parts for another unit in a friend's Endeavor.