Sign in to follow this  
astmi

Winegard Antenna Bought in Canada

I recently bought a new Winegard SK 7003 automatic antenna. I bought it in Canada and according to Winegard advertising it works in Canada, United States and Mexico.

I traveled to Florida, USA and have some problems with the antenna. Winegard tells me that these units are not guaranteed to work in USA. This product is sold in US by Camping World and many other distributors.

Did anyone ever heard about this?

Real surprise to me.

Shaw Direct does work in most of the US and some of Mexico. I will have to do some research on the footprint of the Shaw satellites. Where exactly are you located in FL? Did you buy the SK-733 dish and LNB as well or did you use one that you provided?

I am in Hollywood, Florida

The antenna is SK 7003, which is sold by Camping World in USA.

SO, if sold in US by Camping World, it should work well in USA

There are 2 parts to the Shaw antenna, the base SK-7003 and the reflector and LNB unit SK-733. I was asking if your Canadian dealer installed both or if you provided the antenna/LNB. The service is provided by Canadians for Canadians in Canada. The service is definitely available in the US but no one can make any guarantees of exactly where. The service is provided from multiple satellites located at the equator but centered over TX and the footprint from the satellites found on the internet show that service should be available in all of FL. You will need to verify that you have a clear view and you don't have anything (even those palm trees) blocking the view to the satellite. If you are certain that you have not one single branch or pole anywhere that could cause you problems I would call Shaw and discuss your issues with them. The have been very helpful to RVers during their travels.

We just purchased a Wingard . RAYZAR from campers world. Has anyone used this model for a pop up or small MH

We have a class B plus we plan to use for travel. What is its range etc

Sincerely, Sickmoose

The Razar is an excellent antenna as long as you understand its limitations. This is an antenna that is capable of handling signals when you are within a 20-30 mile range of the broadcast tower and you have a clear view to that signal. An RV parked between you and the signal will have a dramatic effect on your reception. I was 50 miles S. of the LA area and received 50 channels. I was also parked with an RV between me and the TV towers and received about 1/3 the number of channels available from my roof mounted Batwing. The unit comes with suction cups so you can attach the antenna to a window and I suggest you use this option if available. Think about where you are parked and where the signal is coming from and you will have the best success.

Guest iaanhayden

The Razar is an very good antenna as long as you realize its limitations. This is an antenna that is capable of management pointers when you are inside a 20-30 mile variety of the announced tower. You will need to verify that you have a clear view and you don't have any thing blocking the outlook to the satellite.