Sign in to follow this  
MichaelC

MaxxForce 7 Diesel Engines

Does anyone have any comments regarding the MaxxForce 7 Diesel engine? Anyone with experience of having one in their motorhome? Specifically, does anyone own an Allegro Breeze with this engine and if so, what is your opinion?

I would like to hear comments also.

I am looking at a 2102 32 Allegro Breeze with this engine...worried about being underpowered, seems a lot of these Breeze motorhomes are for sale used and all with just a few thousand miles, I know the earlier 28 model had steering issues but by now, should be fixed...so count me in also for wanting to know info...

ddporta@aol.com

We had a couple with us on a caravan to Canada and Alaska this past summer had a new Monaco Vesta with the MaxxForce 7 engine. They had some problems with the turbo which needed repair. Parts had to be shipped from the engine manufacturer to Alaska as they were not available locally (within Alaska). The second time they had the same problem (loss of power - 5 mph maximum going up a mountain) it ended their trip. I have not heard from them since but they were really upset and talking about giving up RVing. You might want to search using Google for any recalls or reported problems with the engine.