Sign in to follow this  
PDGotro

Installing Tow Brackets Etc

Has anyone installed tow brackets on a Jeep Unlimited Sahara themselves? Also, what is the average price for me to purchase & having someone install all equipment to tow my vehicle from a shop: purchase & install tow brackets, wiring harness, labor, etc ?

I had Blue Ox Brackets and wiring installed on a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited about a year ago in Albuquerque. Parts and Labor was over $1,100. Had the same done to a 2012 Grand Cherokee in September of this year in Birmingham, for about $800. The Grand Cherokee was a more complicated install, it all depends on the installer and where you get the parts. On the Wrangler, the installer provided the parts, I ordered the parts for the GC online.

I setup my 2000 Wrangler to tow by myself. I installed aftermarket bumpers (narrow, no "milk crate" outside sections, and made of 1/8" steel.

Blue ox sells a set of bumper brackets for $52. I bolted them to the bumper before I installed the bumper.

3 years, 12,000 miles towing, no problems.

Whole setup, including a Blue ox Alladin tow bar (used on craigslist) and an SMI stay n play braking system (used on one of the forums) set me back maybe $750 total. Works great.

I have similar setup as JimM68 - aftermarket bumper and bolt on Blur Ox brackets. Blue Ox towbar and Brake Buddy via Craigslist. $600-$700 all up for the tow stuff. The bumper with winch mount, winch guard loop, and steering gearbox skid I think I paid about $350. All works great with many trips and miles. 2005 TJ Rubicon on 33's.