russian

1992 Safari Serengeti-- Fresh Water Tank Drain?

Hello, everybody.

We recently bought 1992 Safari Serengeti. This is our first motorhome, we are young and learning stuff about these things.

My question: Does anybody knows how to drain fresh water tank, other than turning the faucet and running the water pump?

I greatly appreciate any answers.

Paul.

Paul,

Welcome to the Forum and to the wonderful Life of RVing.

Locate your fresh water tank. There should be a flex or Pec tube coming out near the lower part of the tank. This line should run to the pump. In that line there can be a shut off valve and sometimes your drain which would also have a shut off. If there doesn't appear to be a drain in that line, look under your coach in the area under the tank and look for a piece of tubing coming through the floor. Check where the tube comes from and that should lead you to the drain.

Now if all else fails, Close the valve between the tank and pump, Turn off the Pump. Remove the line coming out of the pump and hook up a hose to the pump that can reach out side of the coach. Then open the valve and the water can drain out. You came speed up the process by turning on the pump and it will pump out the water. When through just reverse the process.

Herman

Or, you can go over (and join) to the Safari Zoo's and query the membership, look at the photos, and downloadable files. The folks over there are very friendly and helpful.

The two Yahoo Sites are:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SafariCoaches/

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Safarifriends/

and the Safari International FMCA Chapter with it's brand new forums:

http://www.safari-international.org/

While you certainly may have a potable water tank drain, I can tell you that my coach does not have any sort of a drain. I do not have a Safari so I hope some one who actually knows what they are talking about can help you find one if it exists. If not, you can always just disconnect the water line running to your water pump and let it drain (what I have to do).

Paul, glad we could help. Keep other questions coming...and you will get responses from a lot of people who do know what they are talking about.

While you certainly may have a potable water tank drain, I can tell you that my coach does not have any sort of a drain. I do not have a Safari so I hope some one who actually knows what they are talking about can help you find one if it exists. If not, you can always just disconnect the water line running to your water pump and let it drain (what I have to do).

You could put a tee in the line to the pump and a valve, just make sure the level of the tee is low so it drains the tank as much as possible.

Sorry about not responding sooner, Herman. We were busy traveling.

I found a drain by accident. By overfilling a tank.

The fresh water tank in in the front, there is a valve, very easy accessible from the right side.

Russian,

Thanks for the followup.

Note, you may be confusing two very different things: The tank VENT/overflow and the DRAIN.

To help me drain my water tank when I clean the tank I use my pump. With a 95 gallon tank it was a waste of water to fill put in solution, drive, drain and flush took a lot of time and water. I put a tee in my line with a hose connection on it. When I fill, clean, drain, and flush, I just attach the hose to the valve and use the water for the wife's plants. Using the pump speeds up the process and I get points for being a nice husband and helping the wife.

Herman